I'm sensing some apathy about the Eagles this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sensing some apathy about the Eagles this year

Expectations have really been tamped down.

It's like the fans are expecting to be fed a sh*t sandwich this season.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

grilled and slathered with mayo
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

NHO them.

...but sleep on the couch Sunday season is getting close!!

Wooooooo!!!
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Should be better than last year, no?

Unless peedy is a complete idiot, which I doubt
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

We have Samantha Bumford at the helm, no WRs, and a terribly difficult schedule.

In addition, next off season there will be no cap room and no first round pick. Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

It's a bad team, potentially very bad. With no first round pick, and no real means of getting better offensively in the off season. We're looking at two seasons of major suckage before they can even think about making a move in the right direction.

It's fucking grim. Go Sixers.

Comment

On top of low expectations for this year's record, I have additional disconnect over the local training camp. Even though I'm not local I loved the coverage of camp at Lehigh. Open practices, more video, and fans angle from each day's session, etc.

I miss that and feel like something is lacking. It's like more offseason sessions as far as I'm concerned. Same location and same vibe from afar.

maybe it's just the Howie/Dougie/Sammy Seeerheart errr Sleeves vibe. Actually I'm sure that's biggest reason I'm ha I g difficulty rallying.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 07-26-2016, 11:02 PM.

Comment

This entire year is about Bradford playing well the first five games (or full season) so he can be traded for something worthwhile. Hard to get excited about it.

Also, we're wasting a year of a potential top 5 defense. yay.

Comment

Very cautious optimism here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gove27 View Post
                    This entire year is about Bradford playing well the first five games (or full season) so he can be traded for something worthwhile. Hard to get excited about it.

Also, we're wasting a year of a potential top 5 defense. yay.
                    Potential top 5 D? Not with those Corners. I still have doubts about the DEs generating pass rush. Whether or not the LBs can stay healthy.

If they can finish in the top half of the league after the abortion of a defense they put on the field last year I'd be happy.

Comment

As long as I get a few French Apple Pies with that sandwich, I'll survive.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

And two starting linebackers that can't stay healthy

with yet another that likes beating on hotel staff.

The kicker?

Absolute shit behind the three of them.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                        X