No announcement yet.

Juan Pablo Montoya of Team Penske Wins Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually with you on this one, KG. I watched most of Indy this weekend and then the Coca Cola 600 that night. Even caught a little bit of Monaco in the morning. I also prefer the ovals although F1 is pretty cool.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Actually I Previously Conducted My Annual Summer Ritual

Traditionally, I start every summer cookout season with a charcoal blackened hot dog -- sort of a culinary first pitch, if you will.

Ordinarily a Memorial Day cookout feature, my stepson had a Mother's Day cookout and it was there I made the season official.
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

People who bash racing are generally closed-minded and fairly ignorant. They think it's a redneck sport...plain and simple. What they fail to realize is that racing is packed full of strategy, science, and math. The amount of intellect required to win a race, let alone multiple races, is incredible and it really doesn't matter what circuit it is (NASCAR, Indy Car, F1, etc.). The same people who will bash racing are the same people who will sit on the couch and endure 9 innings of Phillies basebore knowing damn-well what the outcome is going to be...now that's a party!

Comment

When I got into racing about 6 or 7 years ago, that's what really hooked me - learning about the cars and all of the science/strategy behind it. They do a good job on the broadcasts explaining a lot of it. I found myself going on youtube trying to learn the things I didn't understand. I love it.

Plus, there's the fact that they are going 200 mph, inches away from each other and the wall which is pretty crazy when you think about it.

Comment

Thank God

I thought you were going to tell us about Speedos in Wildwood
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

It does not surprise me that......

.....you are interested in a sport where the machine does the work.

Comment

Yeah right ... Billy-Ray and Cletus are in the stands doing trig on their slide rules to figure out the velocity to tire wear ratio between swigs of Busch Lite.
                Last edited by slag; 05-27-2015, 03:32 PM.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
                  People who bash racing are generally closed-minded and fairly ignorant. They think it's a redneck sport...plain and simple. What they fail to realize is that racing is packed full of strategy, science, and math. The amount of intellect required to win a race, let alone multiple races, is incredible and it really doesn't matter what circuit it is (NASCAR, Indy Car, F1, etc.). The same people who will bash racing are the same people who will sit on the couch and endure 9 innings of Phillies basebore knowing damn-well what the outcome is going to be...now that's a party!
                  Yeah, right.

Sure.

I'm just curious where a person of your acumen learned all those big words.
                  "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Lol. I think you would be surprised how much some of these guys know about technical aspects of it...but that was really funny.

Comment

NASCAR got real interesting when the office started a $10 pick a driver from the hat pool every week. When you got money on a decent driver, you can watch it pretty damn intently.

Comment

They don't know trig, but they know camber.

Comment

That's how I got into it. My wife's friend asked us to get in this fantasy league. Drivers are assigned each week based on qualifying - you get 1 and 42, 2 and 41 etc. Anyway, I figured I would check it out since I was throwing my money away. I was hooked almost immediately.

Comment

I don't know...maybe

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                            When I got into racing about 6 or 7 years ago, that's what really hooked me - learning about the cars and all of the science/strategy behind it. They do a good job on the broadcasts explaining a lot of it. I found myself going on youtube trying to learn the things I didn't understand. I love it.

Plus, there's the fact that they are going 200 mph, inches away from each other and the wall which is pretty crazy when you think about it.
                            instead of sending everyone in the same direction they could send half the other way ??? I'd watch that.
                            Last edited by Raptor; 05-27-2015, 04:43 PM.
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Billy-Ray and Cletus are probably not in the stands doing trig on their slide rules (the race teams do that); however, they can probably tear down and rebuild a motor or fix things. All I'm saying is it takes all kinds...open that mind of yours a bit brother man!

Comment

I went once and actually had a good time ... wouldn't watch it on tv at gunpoint, though.
                                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X