Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more ignorance

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    I would park him under the defensive basket for rebounding. The rest of this team can get any shot or pass anywhere. I know you're enamoured of Wilt, but honestly I would take Russell.
    So you're saying a guy playing one end of the floor is better than Chamberlain? Makes sense.

Russell was surrounded by Hall of Famers. The two years Wilt had any kind of team around him he crushed Boston like a grape ('67) and won 33 games in a row with the Lakers.

The only guys not arguing for Wilt are those too young to have seen him.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

if you saw Wilt play you'd never spout this crap

Wilt ripped his knee up and came back THE SAME SEASON by "re-habbing" it himself by running in sand. Of course he was never the same, as surgery was not available at that time. But even diminished, and much older, Wilt crushed Kareem head-to-head.

But keep arguing against a guy you never saw.
      May 7, 2010

Comment

absolutely

the Dream, Russell, Walton, Nate Thurmond were all better players. Shaq's signature move was actually an offensive foul.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

bwahahahha

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
          I admit that. I bond with my baby girl over that. I do not actively WATCH the Bachelorette. Right now, I'm on a "Nashville" binge with Mrs. TGP. I also watch Game of Thrones. I was a big fan of Madmen. I love True Detective. I don't sit there watching sports every f*cking night like some of the homos on this board. Sports, sports, sports. Nothing else. The only person in this world that I have to prove my manhood to is the beautiful, the ravishing, the absolutely STUNNING Mrs. Penetrator.

BTW, I love baseball and I'm fanatical about football.

Do you watch Eastbound and Down? Kenny Fuckin' Powers! You would LOVE that show. Agreed on True Detective and Mad Men. I worked in advertising and a lot of that shit is spot-on.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Thanks, man. I am at work.

I'll be outta here soon though.

Comment

Never watched it. I just watched a Youtube with...

...a bunch of clips. BWAHAHAHA! That looks HILARIOUS!

Comment

I accept your personal insults

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                So you're saying a guy playing one end of the floor is better than Chamberlain? Makes sense.

Russell was surrounded by Hall of Famers. The two years Wilt had any kind of team around him he crushed Boston like a grape ('67) and won 33 games in a row with the Lakers.

The only guys not arguing for Wilt are those too young to have seen him.
                As I know they are sourced in loyalty to your cause.
                DB

Comment

Frankly, nobody crushed Abdul-Jabbar in his first two seasons in the league. Not Wilt and not nobody.

Comment

Wilt is the greatest center of all-time period. No need in even debating it

Comment

Not debating that. Am debating whether Old Wilt crushed Abdul-Jabbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                        the Dream, Russell, Walton, Nate Thurmond were all better players. Shaq's signature move was actually an offensive foul.
                        I will start by lowering my credibility since I never saw Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Walton, or Thurmond play regularly. Shaq and Olajuwon are the two best centers I've seen(1a and 1b), and I'd be willing to bet they played against tougher competition in their day than the big men that came before them.

Comment

And that's a bet you'd lose.

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                          I will start by lowering my credibility since I never saw Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Walton, or Thurmond play regularly. Shaq and Olajuwon are the two best centers I've seen(1a and 1b), and I'd be willing to bet they played against tougher competition in their day than the big men that came before them.
                          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Wilt was at his peak defensively at that time

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            Not debating that. Am debating whether Old Wilt crushed Abdul-Jabbar.
                            One of the arguments against Wilt has been that he was a selfish player. Actually, Wilt always did what his coaches asked of him in terms of his role, and adapted his game accordingly. Frank McGuire (who beat chamberlain in triple OT in the the NCAA final coaching for North Carlina) wanted him to score. Alex Hannum wanted a more all-around game and to involve his teammates. Butch van Breda Kolf wanted him to defend.

The way I remember it, Wilt manhandled Alcindor-Jabbar physically, forced him away from the basket, limiting his effectiveness at the offensive end. Wilt was also the only guy capable of blocking the sky-hook. When Wilt was on offense he made Kareem work harder than was demanded of him against lesser opponents, and Wilt was passing off a lot more. It always seemed to me that Wilt dominated him.
                            Last edited by Irish George; 05-29-2015, 01:02 PM.
                            May 7, 2010

Comment

I've always felt that Shaq should have dominated more. For his size he should have dominated when it came to rebounding. Rodman wanted the ball when it came off the cylinder. Shaq is not even close to the Dream.
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

you need to watch the series

one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.
                                May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X