Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiko Alonso is a full participant

DeMeco Ryans is also practicing.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Pretty stout group of backers...best we've had in a very long time. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
      Pretty stout group of backers...best we've had in a very long time. Fingers crossed...
      If Graham can repeat last year's effectiveness in a full-time role, that's going to be a really good group.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
        DeMeco Ryans is also practicing.
        DeSean Jackson is not.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

#culture

Comment

If Graham can repeat last year's effectiveness in a full-time role, that's going to be a really good group.
            I couldn't agree more. Like most fans, I had no idea what the hell Kiko brought to the table but after watching a ton of highlight tapes and comments from Buffalo fans I came to understand the trade.

This group has the potential to be the best we've had here in quite some time.

Comment

I don't see them putting Graham at full time OLB. Him in coverage would be a liability. Base 3-4 would be Kiko and Barwin outside, Kendricks and Ryans inside. On 3rd down/passing situations they go nickel and 4 down lineman, Graham being the outside rusher, Ryans to the bench and Kiko Kendricks in the middle for coverage.

Yay or nay?

Comment

Originally posted by Gove27 View Post
                I don't see them putting Graham at full time OLB. Him in coverage would be a liability. Base 3-4 would be Kiko and Barwin outside, Kendricks and Ryans inside. On 3rd down/passing situations they go nickel and 4 down lineman, Graham being the outside rusher, Ryans to the bench and Kiko Kendricks in the middle for coverage.

Yay or nay?
                I think Barwin will still drop in to coverage more, but they even had Graham dropping last season. He's lost more weight, so it looks that way.

Kiko said he's strictly playing ILB and I think he's the best pass defender of the ILBs, so he'll be the last to come off the field. I honestly think Ryans is depth at this point.

So your starting LBs:
                Graham Kendricks Alonso Barwin

I know Kendricks is more athletic, but he just doesn't have the awareness and savvy that Alonso has defending the pass. Plus, Kiko is way too small to play OLB in their base defense.
                Last edited by Melchior; 05-29-2015, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I think Barwin will still drop in to coverage more, but they even had Graham dropping last season. He's lost more weight, so it looks that way.

Kiko said he's strictly playing ILB and I think he's the best pass defender of the ILBs, so he'll be the last to come off the field. I honestly think Ryans is depth at this point.
                  Agree. Ryans, Brad Jones, and Hicks are depth at ILB if someone gets tired or hurt. Kelly said Mucus Smith is now strictly playing outside. So that would be him, graham, and barwin on the outside. With hopefully just Barwin and Brandon Graham getting most the snaps.

Comment

Ah I didn't know Kiko was penciled at ILB. Maybe they go with a rotation there. Can't think of a better front 7 right now on paper..

Comment

Originally posted by Gove27 View Post
                      Ah I didn't know Kiko was penciled at ILB. Maybe they go with a rotation there. Can't think of a better front 7 right now on paper..
                      Yeah, they're definitely up there. Also consider that you'll have Ryans (a starter last year) coming in if one of your starting ILBs gets injured. It's got to be the deepest LB group in the league.

Comment

If Ryans is healthy, he starts over Kendricks.

I'm not debating the merits of doing so, it just appears with as much as Chip absolutely loves Demeco, he's going to have him on the field as much as possible and that means starting.

On the flip side, as sour as Chip appears to be on Kendricks, I wouldn't be surprised if Jordan Hicks takes playing time away from him.

Whatever any of us think about Kendricks and his talent level, the only opinions that matter are that of the coaches' and once you're in the doghouse, sometimes it's hard to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                          If Ryans is healthy, he starts over Kendricks.

I'm not debating the merits of doing so, it just appears with as much as Chip absolutely loves Demeco, he's going to have him on the field as much as possible and that means starting.

On the flip side, as sour as Chip appears to be on Kendricks, I wouldn't be surprised if Jordan Hicks takes playing time away from him.

Whatever any of us think about Kendricks and his talent level, the only opinions that matter are that of the coaches' and once you're in the doghouse, sometimes it's hard to get out.
                          While I agree that Kendricks isn't in their longterm plans, that doesn't mean he won't start. They started Cole last year, but I think everyone knew he wasn't going to be here much longer.

I think Hicks will take his job after he plays out his contract, but I don't think DeMeco will be a starter this season.

Comment

Nothing to do with longterm plans and everything to do with Demeco being "Mufasa"

The head coach feels more confident with one guy out there over the other. If they're both healthy, the one he feels most confident in (Demeco) will be the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                              The head coach feels more confident with one guy out there over the other. If they're both healthy, the one he feels most confident in (Demeco) will be the starter.
                              Last year when DeMeco went down, they had Casey Matthews calling defensive plays. Apparently Kendricks just couldn't handle that role. I think that's when Chip realized Kendricks was not in the long-term plans.

Contrast that with Ryans, who has actually been given the authority to call a 'defensive audible' (which I didn't even know existed) and is continually referred to as a 'coach on the field.'

Until Kiko Alonso is up to speed enough to be the new QB of the defense, I'm willing to say there is ZERO chance that DeMeco sits and Kendricks plays if both are healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X