Would the Eagles have won the SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the Eagles have won the SB

If Carson Wentz was healthy and starting? You could make the argument that Foles was calmer from the outset than Carson would’ve been.

Purely hypothetical of course, but it has to be asked.
    DB

I'd say yes, but we might not have seen the Philly Special!
    Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Why does it have to asked?

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
        If Carson Wentz was healthy and starting? You could make the argument that Foles was calmer from the outset than Carson would’ve been.

I have said before that they would not have won it is he had not gotten hurt. The reason is I think they lose the Rams game because the defense was getting torched. The rallied around the injury and won. If they lost no home field and no title. God works in mysterious ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

The would have been favorites in every game had he not gotten hurt. How much did the underdog motivation help them?
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Wentz was crushing it in that game though. Hard for me to believe they couldn't have managed 6 more points with him.

I think they definitely would have gotten to the SB. But Foles played one of the greatest SBs ever and had almost no margin for error. So in a vacuum...maybe they don't win with Wentz. But if Wentz is good but not great in the SB, that changes how the Pats play, how the defense responds...just no way to tell.

Comment

That logic does not fly, then the dallas game is for home field and the cowboys get smoked with the starters and they are still 13-3 and rams are 12-4
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Because the Phillies Genuinely Suck

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                Why does it have to asked?
                And I'm kind of board. Dim Jr believes they'd have won the Atlanta game much easier but not so much the Supe.
                DB

Comment

dim jr is right.

Comment

THE EAGLES ARE THE 2018 WORLD SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS.

Oh...

I believe the Eagles beat NE with Wentz. NE wouldn’t have an answer for his running ability. Wentz was playing at a MVP level all year. It’s simply a matter of having a great starter in Wentz and having another guy with lots of ability too. ( I believe there are a lot of players like Foles that become victims of the environment around them. )

Around the midpoint of the season, I was looking ahead and cherishing the idea of playing NE or Pitt. mainly because of Wentz.

Comment

Moot point since the Eagles wouldn't have reached the Superbowl without Wentz.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

wat?

sorry, the glint of the Lombardi got in my eyes when I read your post.

Comment

Body of work, the Eagles were the best team in the NFL last season.

They were smart to have a starting quality backup at the most important position on the team. Full stop. Without that they don't win the SB.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I think Nick has perfected his deep ball.......

and Wentz has not, Yet,,so thats tough,,The kid scored a ton of Td's, so if you do it with four 18 yard Passes or 1 45 yarder,,,does it matter?
                            Nick hadn't really practiced all year,,,what a time to crack the rust off and get Hot!
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                            X