Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh probably

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    He's going to plead down, pay a fine, get community service and settle with the family.
    Getting an indictment 1 year after what amounts to an assault (or battery or both) smells a little odd to me. The DA will get their pound of flesh - it probably won't make sense for Bennett to try the case, assuming he has any good facts.
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-23-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Agreed, something here doesn't pass the sniff test.

It sure would be nice to hear more than the same tweet over and over before coming to any conclusions. Did Bennett know this was coming? If so, did he disclose it to the Eagles?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        I'm waiting for more details, I have a tough time believing he would've directly pushed over a 66 year old paraplegic women.

Not to sound like an ass, but what is a 66 year paraplegic doing working security on the field after the Super Bowl? Isn't it a total mob scene?

Comment

Immediately following the game, Bennett shoved his way on to the field where players were gathering to celebrate. NRG Security personnel, including the 66-year-old disabled woman, told Bennett he had to use a different entrance for field access. Instead, he pushed through them, including the woman who was part of the security team. The charge, injury to the elderly, includes intentionally and knowingly, causing bodily injury to a person 65 years or older. It carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine."
          This leaves a lot open to interpretation but unless they're gunning for him (maybe they are) couldn't this be pleaded down to something along the lines of disorderly behavior?

I'm not saying he didn't do real damage - I haven't see anything along those lines yet. But he's a millionaire athlete. I'd be shocked if he gets locked up for this.
          Last edited by TerpEagle; 03-23-2018, 04:11 PM.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

I smell a cockroach D.A.!
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              I'm waiting for more details, I have a tough time believing he would've directly pushed over a 66 year old paraplegic women.

Not to sound like an ass, but what is a 66 year paraplegic doing working security on the field after the Super Bowl? Isn't it a total mob scene?
              Qualifications are an arbitrary and oppressive construct. Everybody can do everything.

Comment

This sounds totally legit.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Exactly. How Ableist of him.

Comment

I'd guess it was a crazy scene and he just ignored the folks telling him to stop, pushed his way through and in doing so either shoved or knocked over this lady. That would be enough to potentially amount to simple assault but it likely wouldn't be enough to warrant what he was charged with (based on what we know and elements of the statute quoted elsewhere).

I'm with you in waiting to pass judgement on this particular instance but I'm noticing a trend where this guy seems to get himself into trouble when he doesn't feel like complying with what folks in authority tell him to do.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                      Qualifications are an arbitrary and oppressive construct. Everybody can do everything.
                      Less about qualifications, just seems a dangerous spot for her to be in. Not to excuse what Bennett did, if this is in fact true.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        I'm with you in waiting to pass judgement on this particular instance but I'm noticing a trend where this guy seems to get himself into trouble when he doesn't feel like complying with what folks in authority tell him to do.
                        No doubt. Bennett seems like a clown. He's not that young either.

Comment

TMZ Reporting

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                          http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/23/michae...elderly-woman/

No video proof though.

Comment

Get my profile from this side ... wait wait, I'll move my hat so you can see it better ... get the badge in the shot though.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The real crime is that the Houston Texans had a 66 year old paraplegic woman working security on the sidelines of an NFL game. This sounds like a bunch of fucking nonsense from a cockroach fan who is jealous of our beautiful Lombardi Trophy. Fuck the entire state of Texas
                              WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Uggggh

Ugly
                                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                                "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                                X