Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams

Watching NFL network I got on after it started a discussion about the Rams. Not sure who the guy was (probably ex cowboy since they are employed there) said the Rams have a shot at the #2 seed if the Vikings lose and they win, also they lose good chance they are #4, so there theory is rest all starters and more than likely go to Philadelphia in the playoffs. This commentator said go to Philly in bone chilling cold with a California QB against a team who already beat you and has a better idea of what they are running. He thinks the Rams are pulling a bone head move.

Rams have no shot at the 2nd seed even if both have 4 losses. The Vikes hold the head to head tiebreaker over them.

Sean McVay has hinted, and the LA sportswriters have picked up on it, that he’s resting Goff, Gurley, Donald, and Whitworth so that if they lose on Sunday and the Saints win, the Rams will have the number 4 seed and a chance to go to Philly. As John McMullen on ESPN 97.3 said, this is so arrogant on so many levels.
    1. It’s showing no respect to whomever they play in the WC game. They’re ignoring the fact they may not even win that game. Particularly if it’s Carolina.
    2. It’s disrespecting the Eagles. Ok Foles isn’t Wentz, but he has played in a playoff game and I would even argue 2 since the 2nd Dallas game in 13 WAS in essence a playoff game. They had to win to get in.
    3. A game in the northeast in January, outside, where the track is slower is not ideal. Plus, you have film on each other and I dare say Schwartz will have the D ready for those outside sweeps they ran the first time.
    Last edited by bobbyuk; 12-30-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

It's a smart move. You rest your players. You avoid Minnesota who also beat you. You avoid MVP Wentz who put this team in this position. You are now playing with Robert Woods who will help spread the offense. You have Gurley who benefits with having that deep threat. Their 'California QB' doesn't have to carry the offense like Wentz did. He can just get the ball to Gurley through the ground or the air.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
        Rams have no shot at the 2nd seed even if both have 4 losses. The Vikes hold the head to head tiebreaker over them.

Sean McVay has hinted, and the LA sportswriters have picked up on it, that he’s resting Goff, Gurley, Donald, and Whitworth so that if they lose on Sunday and the Saints win, the Rams will have the number 4 seed and a chance to go to Philly. As John McMullen on ESPN 97.3 said, this is so arrogant on so many levels.
        1. It’s showing no respect to whomever they play in the WC game. They’re ignoring the fact they may not even win that game. Particularly if it’s Carolina.
        2. It’s disrespecting the Eagles. Ok Foles isn’t Wentz, but he has played in a playoff game and I would even argue 2 since the 2nd Dallas game in 13 WAS in essence a playoff game. They had to win to get in.
        3. A game in the northeast in January, outside, where the track is slower is not ideal. Plus, you have film on each other and I dare say Schwartz will have the D ready for those outside sweeps they ran the first time.
        Ok good answer, I am going by NFL network said IF Vikings lose to the Bears and Rams Win they are the 2 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          It's a smart move. You rest your players. You avoid Minnesota who also beat you. You avoid MVP Wentz who put this team in this position. You are now playing with Robert Woods who will help spread the offense. You have Gurley who benefits with having that deep threat. Their 'California QB' doesn't have to carry the offense like Wentz did. He can just get the ball to Gurley through the ground or the air.
          Not necessarily. You're taking a young QB to an away playoff game against the #1 rushing defense.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

How did Gurley do against the Vikings when he played against them this year? 15 carries for 37 yards? The same can be said when they went up against Bell, Kamara, Ingram, Freeman, Coleman, Howard, etc,. Without Wentz, the Vikings are the better team right now. Like I said before, it makes sense.

Comment

They couldn't even beat an unprepared Foles a few weeks ago. It's not a slam dunk in the least bit....

Comment

If you think the Eagles would have won that game minus Wentz, we can only agree to disagree on this one. Fortunately, the Rams are doing their best to put themselves in a position to play them again so there's a good chance we may be able to see it firsthand. I hope I'm wrong and I will gladly eat crow.

Comment

You said the Rams are the better team, now that Wentz is gone. If that's the case, shouldn't they have won, with a cold Foles entering the game down by four? I must be missing something here ....

Comment

It's really not that tough. MVP Wentz scored 4 TDs and left after putting up 31 pts (291 yards, 7.1 avg). Foles came in and added 6 pts (42 yards, 4.2 avg). One of these QBs threw a TD pass on a fourth and goal with one working knee. If you think Foles coming in 'cold' and 'unprepared' hindered his performance, what was his excuse last week against one of the worst secondaries in football? Sure, he lit up a two-win dumpster fire of a team but the playoffs are coming. It is very difficult to find many teams in the NFC playoffs that leaned more on their QB than Philly. Seattle (who's not in yet)? This is why he was about to win the MVP this year. Shit, he will probably still get his fair share of votes even after missing the last three games. I don't know, I must overvalue this QB more than most.

Comment

There's no one that would argue with you about Wentz. Best player in the league,love the guy.

But I'm not dismissing the Eagles in the playoffs because the Saints Rams or whoever has a better quarterback. That's why the Rams game was huge ....Foles came in and won the game.

The Giants game was complete shit. Foles was really the only player who showed up for us. Played like shit last week. Lots of teams play down to the level of their competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                        If you think the Eagles would have won that game minus Wentz, we can only agree to disagree on this one. Fortunately, the Rams are doing their best to put themselves in a position to play them again so there's a good chance we may be able to see it firsthand. I hope I'm wrong and I will gladly eat crow.
                        I dont think the Rams make it out of the Wild Card round. To me they are the weakest unit in the NFC playoffs.

It would be a gift if the Eagles got to play the Rams in the divisional round. That is preferable to a Carolina team that gave the Eagles a tough game without their defensive MVP or an Atlanta team that is getting hot at the right time and knows how to win in January.

Not to mention a Rams loss eliminates the possibility of the Eagles facing New Orleans until a possible NFCCG showdown.

Seriously? Where do I sign for this outcome?
                        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I agree the best QB doesn't always win but I'm just not sure others see the disparity between the two QBs. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Eagles had one of the best, if not the best, red zone offenses in the league. That's going to come in handy during the playoffs. Field goals aren't going to get it done against these teams.

I can assure you I'm rooting against myself in this argument. I'm just calling it the way I see it. I truly believe Foles cannot beat two of these teams in a row. Could he win one? Sure. Two? I just don't see it and neither does McVay.

Comment

I'll just wait until it plays out. Personally, I wouldn't be that upset to see the Saints (4-3 on the road) come here. Who knows? There's still a couple of weeks where an injury can occur and change any match up. We will see.

Comment

this is a recipe for disaster. Avoiding teams you think are superior isn’t the message you want to send to your team. Football you bulldoze whoever you happen to draw you don’t strategize who to hide from. They will be eliminated next week by Carolina most likely.
                              Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Working...
                              X