Ok, the initial shock has worn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
    doesn't hurt anything to ask, even if it sounds ridiculous. You ask, Buffalo balks, you keep negotiating.
    Typical EIO. His opinion is fact. Of course Chip didn't ask for more because EIO says so. Who cares about facts when you have your opinion.

Comment

I still don't think you've said what you think McCoy's trade value is, just that they "should have asked for more."

A running back with 6 years of service isn't worth a whole lot. I don't love the idea of trading for a guy coming off of his second ACL injury, but I do think that they can come close to replacing McCoy's production at less cost.

If they can replace the production and save money it's a good move, if they can do that and add a good young starting linebacker it's a really good move, especially if they think McCoy is going to start declining. That being said, if McCoy is great for a few more years and Alonso has recurring injuries it is clearly a mistake.
      Last edited by common wealth; 03-04-2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

To me

Originally posted by common wealth View Post
        I still don't think you've said what you think McCoy's trade value is, just that they "should have asked for more."

A running back with 6 years of service isn't worth a whole lot. I don't love the idea of trading for a guy coming off of his second ACL injury, but I do think that they can come close to replacing McCoy's production at less cost.

If they can replace the production and save money it's a good move, if they can do that and add a good young starting linebacker it's a really good move, especially if they think McCoy is going to start declining. That being said, if McCoy is great for a few more years and Alonso has recurring injuries it is clearly a mistake.
        His value is Alonso and a draft pick. I've been consistent on that. I wouldn't have done the deal unless Buffalo was willing to throw in a pick. If I were making the deal, I would have started by asking for the second rounder. If Buffalo didn't want to do that, then I would have kept negotiating, until Buffalo decided to throw in a pick. If they didn't, I wouldn't have made the deal.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

If the report is true

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
          Typical EIO. His opinion is fact. Of course Chip didn't ask for more because EIO says so. Who cares about facts when you have your opinion.
          That it only took 20 minutes to get the deal done, how much negotiating do you really think went on ? How many "blockbuster trades" get done in 20 minutes ?
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

The finalization allegedly took 20 minutes, but GMs talk all the time about who or what is available and what they want

McCoy was certainly shopped - at which point you'd know the relative compensation available from other teams wouldn't you ?

The Bills have a new coach, a new stadium to fill and the previous regime sent multiple draft picks to Cleveland to get Watkins. The Bills gave up their number 1 and number 4 in 2015 and you think they'd agree to trade away the 2nd rounder too ?

They aren't in a position to give up any more picks and they needed to make an offensive splash to augment the solid defense

The conversation was steered towards players and each team talks about what they want. Andrew Brandt talked about it on his podcast in general terms, he wasn't in on this deal. Lots of horsetrading discussions happen, most don't come to fruition

Cap is king. The eagles traded the past for the future. Alonso is ascending, McCoy is descending. Its not even close in terms of career arc or compensation.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ys-production/
            Last edited by PackWest; 03-05-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

That it only took 20 minutes to get the deal done, how much negotiating do you really think went on ? How many "blockbuster trades" get done in 20 minutes ?
              I am sure you realize you are quoting a statement made by someone who was not directly involved in the negotiations. How many blockbuster trades do you know that took more than 20 minutes? The FACT is we don't know how fast or slow these things are nor do we know when the clock is started on a proposed trade.

fact- noun \ˈfakt\

: something that truly exists or happens : something that has actual existence

opinion- noun opin·ion \ə-ˈpin-yən\

: a belief, judgment, or way of thinking about something : what someone thinks about a particular thing

: advice from someone with special knowledge : advice from an expert

: a formal statement by a judge, court, etc., explaining the reasons a decision was made according to laws or rules

Comment

Why do you think McCoy is worth 2nd rounder period? This isn't FF where you're picking a player for one season and have no salary cap.

I think you're greatly over valuing McCoy and RBs in general and it's no wonder that you dont like this trade.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

The guy rushed for almost 3,000 yards the last two seasons

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                  Why do you think McCoy is worth 2nd rounder period? This isn't FF where you're picking a player for one season and have no salary cap.

I think you're greatly over valuing McCoy and RBs in general and it's no wonder that you dont like this trade.
                  Won the rushing title just two years ago, not to mention the threat that just his presence on the field can create for an opposing defense, and I'm the crazy one for not liking the fact that we traded him straight up for a guy who's been in the league for just two years, and one of those years was spent rehabbing a torn ACL. Ok.
                  Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 03-05-2015, 09:54 AM.

Comment

It doesn't matter how many times you type it. He's not going to comprehend it.

Comment

Won the rushing title just two years ago, not to mention the threat that just his presence on the field can create for an opposing defense, and I'm the crazy one for not liking the fact that we traded him straight up for a guy who's been in the league for just two years, and one of those years was spent rehabbing a torn ACL. Ok.
                      So what. He's not worth a 2nd round pick. This isn't fantasy football.

Talent and only 2 years in the league is a good thing. It's about production in 2015 and beyond not production from the past.

You're arguing past value and ignoring the financials. It's a fanboy argument.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

You should talk

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                        It doesn't matter how many times you type it. He's not going to comprehend it.
                        my opinion of how much Shady is worth differs from his opinion of what Shady is worth. I understand what he's saying perfectly, I just don't agree. Comprehend that if you can.

Comment

my opinion of how much Shady is worth differs from his opinion of what Shady is worth. I understand what he's saying perfectly, I just don't agree. Comprehend that if you can.
                          Your opinion of what shady is worth differs from what shady is worth.

Comment

Says who ??

So what. He's not worth a 2nd round pick. This isn't fantasy football.

Talent and only 2 years in the league is a good thing. It's about production in 2015 and beyond not production from the past.

You're arguing past value and ignoring the financials. It's a fanboy argument.
                            Who made you the end all, be all of what he's worth ? Go back and do some reading. i said that I'd START at the second rounder, I didn't say that it was a second rounder or nothing. You say that I'm ignoring the financials, yet you continuously leave out the part about Alonso still currently rehabbing a torn ACL. Sorry, but I don't want them to trade a guy who's productive and never had a major injury, for a guy who's coming off of one. That's my major issue with the trade. Alonso already has a semi long injury history. Yes, he had a great rookie season, but the injury history can't and shouldn't be disregarded.

Comment

Technically...shady pulled in more than a 2nd round pick.

If Alonso is healthy...which is a big if as he has had two reconstructed knees...but if healthy...he had one really freaking good year as a rookie and most likely is going to be a future probowler for years to come. So unlike a second round pick that has never played in the nfl...they at least got a guy that can play.

BUT...if they had gotten a pick or whatever...they could have used that to move up if they do indeed want marcus.

So...I would say that's actually worth more than a second round pick.

Running back is fairly easy to replace...but let's be honest...they could end up with a total shit show like Trent Richardson as much as they could end up with another 1000 yard back.
                              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

That's what I'm trying to say

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                                Technically...shady pulled in more than a 2nd round pick.

If Alonso is healthy...which is a big if as he has had two reconstructed knees...but if healthy...he had one really freaking good year as a rookie and most likely is going to be a future probowler for years to come. So unlike a second round pick that has never played in the nfl...they at least got a guy that can play.

BUT...if they had gotten a pick or whatever...they could have used that to move up if they do indeed want marcus.

So...I would say that's actually worth more than a second round pick.

Running back is fairly easy to replace...but let's be honest...they could end up with a total shit show like Trent Richardson as much as they could end up with another 1000 yard back.
                                Everyone wants to operate on the "ifs". IF we sign Worilds, IF we sign McCourty, IF we sign Revis, IF Alonso regains his 2013 form. Kiko Alonso could turn out to be a steal. If he does, fantastic. However, at this point in time, I don't like this trade. Not straight up. I'm not sure why a couple people are acting like I'm not allowed to dislike this deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X