No announcement yet.

After being right about Maclin being a true #1, I feel like a bolder prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After being right about Maclin being a true #1, I feel like a bolder prediction

We're never going to get a stud rookie QB because we'll never be bad enough to have a high enough pick. Gonna have to stick to "prove it" vets and rookie projects.

Since the Foles smear has begun, I'll count him out.

Sachez gets a 2 year deal.

Bradford is signed in Sanchez fashion.

QB is drafted late in the first round.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

God please

No...
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

I see no other way around it.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Football Outsiders has Maclin ranked 32nd among WR in DYAR and 42nd in DVOA. With a negative value per play compared to the average wide receivers. Football stats aren't perfect but that's startling.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Dude, stop...

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Football Outsiders has Maclin ranked 32nd among WR in DYAR and 42nd in DVOA. With a negative value per play compared to the average wide receivers. Football stats aren't perfect but that's startling.

It's getting pathetic.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Real stats have him ranked top 5 in rec TD's, rec yard and rec yards per game. Guess that's still not good enough.

Comment

You need to post a pic of yourself as the "Amazing Krezkin" or Carnac the Magnificent, don't forget the Turban either!

Comment

Dwayne Bowe is above him, with 31 catches and 0 TD's.

I don't think Maclin is a true "#1" but it seems strange to have a receiver that has produced so little above him.

Comment

Any measure that doesn't have Maclin as one of the top 10 receivers this season is invalid. Dude's averaging nearly 100 ypg and 1 TD per game. Fantastic production no matter how you slice it.

Comment

I think a lot of this is because of Maclin's insane number of targets from an inaccurate Foles this season. I think he was targeted 16 times against SF for 5 catches, but a lot of throws where nowhere near him and he made a couple great grabs. Of course this will grade out negatively from some website that wants to bring Sabermetrics to football, but I think it is why you can't apply Sabermetrics to football.

Comment

DYAR and DVOA rely on pass completion rates but don't account for drops. So, if the WR has an inaccurate QB but rarely drops the ball their value using this system could be skewed.

Also, FO don't include week 9.

This website does.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

So, for instance, Maclin has a catch rate of 54% but his drop rate is 1.2%. Looking only at incomplete passes, Maclin has dropped 1 pass out of the 38 he hasn't caught - 2.6%.

Desean Jackson on the other hand has a catch rate for 59% but his drop rate is 4.9%. Jackson has dropped 3 of the 25 he hasn't caught - 12%

So, just based on that comparison, it appears that when given the opportunity, Maclin has done a better job at holding onto the ball than Jackson.

Just to further compare, Washington has complete 67.2% of their passes compared to the Eagles only having completed 60.5%. The team QB ranking for Washington is 92 and for the Eagles is 82. Washington has taken twice as many sacks as the Eagles (22-11 in 9-8 games) but thrown fewer interceptions.

So, it seems that there may be other aspects in play than just how many targets Maclin has or has not caught on an absolute scale.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Take it up with football outsiders. They have a pretty good reputation. Maclins stats are definitely inflated by his huge amount of targets by I'm still surprised he's ranked that low.

Comment

Brilliant analysis. Start a website. Football Outsiders should be embarrassed.

Comment

Brilliant analysis. Start a website. Football Outsiders should be embarrassed.
                            FO makes their method very clear. You should be embarrassed for complaining about Maclin's catch rate and referring to analysis that doesn't include his best performance.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                              We're never going to get a stud rookie QB because we'll never be bad enough to have a high enough pick. Gonna have to stick to "prove it" vets and rookie projects.

Since the Foles smear has begun, I'll count him out.

Sachez gets a 2 year deal.

Bradford is signed in Sanchez fashion.

QB is drafted late in the first round.
                              Your right about drafting, but as for Foles he will be back this season and I still think he is the future of this team.

Comment

Working...
                              X