Bryce Brown, Brandon Graham & Vinny Curry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce Brown, Brandon Graham & Vinny Curry

It appears there isn't room on the Eagles roster for all three players. Obviously, the Eagles would love to deal Graham on draft day, and it's likely that other teams will be intrigued with Vinny Curry once the better 4-3 DE prospects are off the board. Also, Bryce Brown doesn't appear to be in Chip Kelly's plans as a HB but he definitely has talent.

So there seems to be a liklihood that at least one of these players will be dealt. This begs the very important question: What are these players worth? What value should the Eagles get in return for these guys, should they choose to deal them, when players are flying off the board come Saturday afternoon?
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Curry and Brown must stay

as for My Boy Brandon Graham,,he will be traded on draft day Im sure of it..Most likely to Arizona for FiTZ Straight Up!
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

The depth in this draft is supposedly phenomenal through the mid-rounds, so I doubt we'll get much for them. My guess is Vinny Curry MIGHT get us a 4th at best just because it's not a great year for pass rushers, which is the only reason Graham MIGHT get us a 5th-6th. Still think that's wishful thinking though.

Brown's got talent, but the HB position is so undervalued that I don't see anyone parting with anything above a 6th. For that value, I'd just keep him as depth. An offense based on the run would need more than Polk and Sproles if Shady went down.

My two cents...we should hang onto Curry and Brown, but just get what we can for Graham.
      Last edited by Dan Drives a Van; 04-24-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
        It appears there isn't room on the Eagles roster for all three players. Obviously, the Eagles would love to deal Graham on draft day, and it's likely that other teams will be intrigued with Vinny Curry once the better 4-3 DE prospects are off the board. Also, Bryce Brown doesn't appear to be in Chip Kelly's plans as a HB but he definitely has talent.

So there seems to be a liklihood that at least one of these players will be dealt. This begs the very important question: What are these players worth? What value should the Eagles get in return for these guys, should they choose to deal them, when players are flying off the board come Saturday afternoon?
        I just don't get it with Curry. I'm pretty sure he's gonna go to another team and turn into a Pro-bowler.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

We let Curry go I may just be done with them

That guy is a force and needs to stay an Eagle

Comment

Die-hard Eagles fan

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
            We let Curry go I may just be done with them

That guy is a force and needs to stay an Eagle
            High character to match his work ethic.

He seems happy, and capable, wherever they put him. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Good riddance to Brandon Graham.

Comment

Curry Must stay!

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
              High character to match his work ethic.

He seems happy, and capable, wherever they put him. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Good riddance to Brandon Graham.
              everything U said Ishi...guy grew up 20 mins from where I live now and has done nothing but show he belongs..why he wasnt active against the Fucin Chargers I will never know,,,all he does is make play after Play///WTF do they want ????
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

I hope you are right

BG should have never beenn... who did pass up to draft him again??..

Comment

You never get fair market value on draft day, so:

Brown: 6th
                  Curry: 5th
                  Graham: 4/5th

Comment

I think people are still stuck in the FF days of roster building. It looks like Chip wants at least 4 quality RBs on the roster. Obviously if they get a good offer or he really wants out they'll move BBrown, but I don't know if they're all that eager to, especially considering what they can realistically get for him. Behind Shady, I think Sproles, Brown, and Polk all bring something a little bit different to the table.

We know that in this offense there's a lot of rotating and high quality depth makes it even scarier.

Comment

Never understood the need to get rid of Bryce Brown. He proved when he was a rookie that he can start and be effective. They've already turned WR from a relative strength to a weakness. No reason to do the same with RB.

It's not as if his salary is too high or anything. If Shady goes down, at least Brown can start and get a 100 yard game or two. His fumbling seemed to be less of an issue too last year.

Ditto with Curry and Graham. Both might be better than anyone they draft after the 5th round or so. Why not keep them? Both played okay in limited snaps last year. At least neither sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                        Never understood the need to get rid of Bryce Brown. He proved when he was a rookie that he can start and be effective. They've already turned WR from a relative strength to a weakness. No reason to do the same with RB.

It's not as if his salary is too high or anything. If Shady goes down, at least Brown can start and get a 100 yard game or two. His fumbling seemed to be less of an issue too last year.

Ditto with Curry and Graham. Both might be better than anyone they draft after the 5th round or so. Why not keep them? Both played okay in limited snaps last year. At least neither sucked.
                        I agree with everything here except keeping Graham. I think we've seen his ceiling in terms of what he can contribute to this defense. He just doesn't fit. Anyway, he's gone after this season when his rookie contract expires, because there's no way they re-sign a guy who is the polar opposite of what they're looking for at OLB.

If you can get a 5th rounder for him, or even a 6th, I think you make the deal in a heartbeat and clear a roster spot for a guy with more long-term potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                          I agree with everything here except keeping Graham. I think we've seen his ceiling in terms of what he can contribute to this defense. He just doesn't fit.
                          When he played, he generated pressure. He just didn't play that often. He got 3 sacks and forced a fumble in very, very limited action.

You can't get enough for him in a trade to justify the move. He's a good player. Better than just about anybody they could draft in the late rounds.

If they can get a 3rd or 4th or even 5th for Graham, then trade. I doubt they can get that though. I'd rather have Graham than a 6th or 7th rounder.

Comment

When he played, he generated pressure. He just didn't play that often. He got 3 sacks and forced a fumble in very, very limited action.

You can't get enough for him in a trade to justify the move. He's a good player. Better than just about anybody they could draft in the late rounds.

If they can get a 3rd or 4th or even 5th for Graham, then trade. I doubt they can get that though. I'd rather have Graham than a 6th or 7th rounder.
                            I actually agree he's a much better player than we've seen to date. I just think the scheme change killed his chances with us, and would rather roll the dice with a 6th-round pick then hang onto a one-year rental of a situational sub.

If they hang onto him, I hope they play him. I just don't see Davis and Kelly being comfortable playing him in this scheme.

Comment

Kelly clearly prefers polk to brown. I agree that brown has talent but I hardly think anyone would call a group of halfbacks which includes shady, sproles and polk a weakness. The position is a strength and if they can get value in return for a guy who is fourth on the depth chart they should field offers. Brown is not great at making the first guy miss anyways so he might be of more use to a team with a more traditional offense.
                              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Working...
                              X