Billick Says Players Haven't Liked Kelly for Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billick Says Players Haven't Liked Kelly for Years

This may be just media feeding-frenzy stuff, and Kempski does acknowledge that some of this might be sour grapes, but if any of this is true, it makes me very nervous about the rest of the season, and really uncertain about the future of this team.

Billick makes one point that is inarguable: Kelly is trying to do the job of three men. Usually the GM manages personnel, the OC calls the plays, and the head coach guides the overall team. Kelly assumed all three roles despite having very little NFL experience. There was bound to be a learning curve. I just hope this team doesn't implode before he can get things figured out.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/billick-e...ready-blow-up/
    Last edited by Dan Drives a Van; 10-07-2015, 01:54 AM.

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
    This may be just media feeding-frenzy stuff, and Kempski does acknowledge that some of this might be sour grapes, but if any of this is true, it makes me very nervous about the rest of the season, and really uncertain about the future of this team.

Billick makes one point that is inarguable: Kelly is trying to do the job of three men. Usually the GM manages personnel, the OC calls the plays, and the head coach guides the overall team. Kelly assumed all three roles despite having very little NFL experience. There was bound to be a learning curve. I just hope this team doesn't implode before he can get things figured out.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/billick-e...ready-blow-up/
    GIVING HIM TOTAL CONTROL WAS ABSURD.........'HEY THIS IS THE TITANIC, IT'S UNSINKABLE, HERE, YOU KEEP ENGINES GOING AND YOU CAN DRIVE! OH YEAH IT'S ALL GOOD. BOOM. THE N.F.L .SHOWS UP AND FUCKS UP HIS WORLD, AND OURS.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

In retrospect you have to wonder if thought was given to whether a guy with a total of four years college coaching experience at what was a football backwater when he arrived was going to be able to deal with grown men pro football players.

Spurrier and Saban had years more head coaching experience at high profile programs, plus NFL experience, and they couldn't handle it.

Comment

Working...
      X