Hey NBA guys . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
    I wonder if they would be able to package the Pelicans pick with a few of their (5) second rounders to move up again in the first. Could definitely be worth it.
    I was wondering the same. Can you imagine getting Parker and Randle somehow?

Comment

I want the guy many are projecting #1, Wiggins. For all the reasons they are projecting him to go #1. I'd be a lot less excited if they ended up with anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to move up to grab Vonleh or Gordon with the second pick.

I still think they end up with the fourth or fifth pick and really get screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        I want the guy many are projecting #1, Wiggins. For all the reasons they are projecting him to go #1. I'd be a lot less excited if they ended up with anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to move up to grab Vonleh or Gordon with the second pick.

I still think they end up with the fourth or fifth pick and really get screwed.
        As Anthony corrected me - worst case is 5th pick with NO getting the #1 pick

Comment

I really can't imagine things going right for this team. It rarely happens here. The more I see projections of who this team is taking the more I expect a ping pong ball chicken choke.

Comment

Can't agree with Chuck on that one

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
            so advocates Charles...
            but the Sixers are in a pretty good spot. They have good young talent, and are $40 million under the cap. Not bad at all...
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

They aren't going to spend this year. They don't want to risk losing a draft pick to the Heat next year (Moultrie). I'm fine with that.

Comment

Parker and randle are waaaayy better basketball players than wiggins. Its ludicrous that anyone would select wiggins over them based purely on athleticism.
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                  Parker and randle are waaaayy better basketball players than wiggins. Its ludicrous that anyone would select wiggins over them based purely on athleticism.
                  Not necessarily... Wiggins is made to play in the NBA.. more fast break opportunities and it is a lot more spread out which favors him... His jump shot will obviously improve vastly and his potential offensively and defensively is one of a perennial all-star.. I LOVE RANDLE too... I wouldn't be upset if they picked him. He's a much more athletic Zach Randolph.. He will be a stud

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                    Its ludicrous that anyone would select wiggins over them based purely on athleticism.
                    Who says it's based purely on athleticism? He's not projected to be the top pick because he's one-dimensional.

It's not like Duke hasn't produced a lot of overhyped talents that haven't found as much success in the NBA.
                    Michael Beasley produced 4 more double-doubles his freshman campaign than Randle.
                    When was the last time the next 'Olajuwon' actually became the next 'Olajuwon'?

Shit, your guess is as good as mine but 'ludicrous' may be a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      Shit, your guess is as good as mine but 'ludicrous' may be a bit much.
                      All you need to do is watch wiggins play and you eliminate the guesswork. He is not a good basketball player. Its just that simple. He travels almost everytime he handles the ball and he doesn't have good instincts. Athleticism is all he brings to the table at this point so anyone drafting him is doing so with the hope that he learns the game and improves his skills on the fly. Why anyone would take such a gamble when advanced players like randle, parker and exum are available is beyond me.

Basically, if hinkie picks this guy over more impressive players ill be extremely skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
                        .. He will be a stud
                        Not for a long long time. It will take him years to be able to handle the ball and create any opportunities for himself. His ball handling and dribble drive moves are a mess and there is nothing indicating that will ever change. People are wishing this guy into being a different player than he actually is.

Comment

Working...
                        X