Re: Kiper's latest mock--what would you do--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kiper's latest mock--what would you do--

He has Bridgewater falling out of the first round altogether and going to the Texans at 33. But if you're running the draft for the Eagles, and he is there at 22 do you--

1. Accept the best trade offer OR

2. Do you see what you can get for Nick Foles while on the clock and then draft Bridgewater, knowing you might have your franchise QB, but acknowledging the team will either take a step back while he gets thrown in the deep end or learns while Sanchez steps in.
    Last edited by bobbyuk; 04-18-2014, 09:18 AM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does Bridgewater really fit what Kelly is looking for? I may be wrong.

Comment

if eagles could trade back and get 2 extra picks, including a future 1, it's a no brainer you do it.

keep Foles.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
        He has Bridgewater falling out of the first round altogether and going to the Texans at 33. But if you're running the draft for the Eagles, and he is there at 22 do you--

1. Accept the best trade offer OR

2. Do you see what you can get for Nick Foles while on the clock and then draft Bridgewater, knowing you might have your franchise QB, but acknowledging the team will either take a step back while he gets thrown in the deep end or learns while Sanchez steps in.
        No WAY you trade Foles. We have enough holes to fill. Why worry about another position...

Comment

No reason at all to trade Foles

The guy has shown that he's more than capable of running this team, and running this team at a high level. maybe you trade back, depends on what the offer is.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Let's See -- Foles -- Or A College Junior?

That's what you call a no-brainer, because anybody who would rather have a college junior instead of Nick Foles has no brain.

You want a one word answer? Never.
            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

you'd turn down the Hershel Walker deal...

Comment

Not Necessarily...

...but you'll have to explain why you think he would help the Eagles before I can make up my mind.
                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Bridgewaters pro day was heinous. I know its not supposed to matter all that much but he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in a scripted and highly controlled exercize. You don't scrap an nfl starter for a guy like that.
                  "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Who else is on the board at 22 in the Kiper mock?

Comment

Kipper also has Anthony Barr still on the board at#22. Unreal.
                      I would sprint up to the podium if he's still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
                        Kipper also has Anthony Barr still on the board at#22. Unreal.
                        I would sprint up to the podium if he's still there.
                        In a draft that's supposed to be light on guys who can rush the pass from the OLB position, there's no way Barr lasts until 22, let alone past it.

If Barr slips past 15, the Birds should be working the trade phones.

Comment

I don't think 2 is something that will even be entertained, unless they're getting unrealistically large amount for him.

Foles is young, and even though we can't call him "proven" yet, he's a winner.

Trading the pick wouldn't be the worst idea. By all accounts I've heard the top 40 players in this year's draft are first round talents, and they'd still be in those spots if any of those teams wanted to make a deal.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Also, a flat 'NO' on Bridgewater, in the first, second or even third round.

Comment

If Barr were still around at 22, I'd be doing backflips

Comment

Working...
                              X