Patrick Robinson and Jalen Mills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id would be more concerned if this was a thin DB draft

many picks to go,,and if we draft a good DB lets not trade him to NE this time
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Even so, there are still good options.

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Plus I'm hearing Barnett was picked as a fit for the Wide 9 and has limited technique. So what happens if Schwartz leaves?
        I think this is a valid point. The only think I would say is that Barnett plays the run well, IMO. He is a more complete football player (a Brandon Graham clone) and will easily adjust to any scheme. I don't like the approach of tailoring players to schemes though.

It may not be the sexy pick, but the surest pick and will always be compared against Johnathan Allen and Ruben Foster.

The second round pick tonight will be huge and nearly impossible to fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
          the hawks and the fudge packers picking before us??!!!! Fuc them!
          They both traded out of the 1st round with Cleveland and San Fran.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            right?
            Sure. I don't know what the Eagles board looked like but Humphrey sounds reasonable. Ozzie took him at 16 and his track record is solid. You dont like him?
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Currently your 2017 Philadelphia Eagle starting cornerbacks.

Barnett may be a solid player but did they really need another defensive lineman more than a cornerback? I say nay!

Plus I'm hearing Barnett was picked as a fit for the Wide 9 and has limited technique. So what happens if Schwartz leaves?
              I don't think Barnett is limited to the Wide 9. He can play the run and wasn't just a speed-rusher in college. The Eagles DL isn't full of spring chickens, either. And for the big contract they gave Curry, they haven't gotten much from him since. They're already paying Cox, too, and if they're going to re-sign Jernigan, they'll need cheaper talent elsewhere on the DL.

I think he's a totally fine pick there. Good size, tested sort of slow at the combine (allegedly while ill) but put up very good stats in the best conference in college football. And he's still just 20.

I think the only possibilities for DB there were to try to move up for Lattimore once he fell or take Humphrey. I don't know if the cost to get up for Lattimore would've been worth it and I don't think you can take Conley with the accusations floating over his head.

They might still get good CB value in the second round. If Barnett can bring pressure, that'll make the secondary's job a lot easier (especially if they can get pressure with four).

-AE
              Last edited by AnnapolisEagle; 04-28-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                Mills will have a good season and Barnett was a good pick. This team has a difficult time getting to the QB. They will get a CB tonight, relax.
                Those are interesting opinions but the facts are the Eagles have 3 or 4 legit defensive linemen and no cornerbacks - your wishful thinking about Mills notwithstanding.

Comment

Who on this team consistently gets to the QB?

you can have the best CBs in the world, but if there's no pressure on the quarterback, they will get roasted

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    Who on this team consistently gets to the QB?

you can have the best CBs in the world, but if there's no pressure on the quarterback, they will get roasted
                    Graham, Cox and Curry are all capable and they already added Long and Jernigan. Meanwhile they got nothing at CB. In any case, that pick is gone. I just hope they don't waste the next one on a running back. Smallwood has as much chance of breaking out as Mills and they will have plenty of late round options.

The best CBs in the NFL do not get roasted.
                    Last edited by Maniac; 04-28-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Graham, Cox and Curry are all capable and they already added Long and Jernigan. Meanwhile they got nothing at CB. In any case, that pick is gone. I just hope they don't waste the next one on a running back. Smallwood has as much chance of breaking out as Mills and they will have plenty of late round options.

They could with no QB pressure.

ps- Curry is gone after this season for sure

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
                        I talked to Zubaz about the same issue with Barnett last night. It's a definite concern
                        Barnett definitely isn't a scheme player who only fits the wide-9. At Tennessee he lined up right side, left side, out wide, inside, tight bunched. His elite level hand usage and ability to be effective vs the run (on top of his pass rush skills) translate to most schemes. He is a player who is going to make plays when having a 1-on-1 matchup against the pass which is extremely valuable. 69 hurries this past season!

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
                          I don't think Barnett is limited to the Wide 9. He can play the run and wasn't just a speed-rusher in college. The Eagles DL isn't full of spring chickens, either. And for the big contract they gave Curry, they haven't gotten much from him since. They're already paying Cox, too, and if they're going to re-sign Jernigan, they'll need cheaper talent elsewhere on the DL.

I think he's a totally fine pick there. Good size, tested sort of slow at the combine (allegedly while ill) but put up very good stats in the best conference in college football. And he's still just 20.

I think the only possibilities for DB there were to try to move up for Lattimore once he fell or take Humphrey. I don't know if the cost to get up for Lattimore would've been worth it and I don't think you can take Conley with the accusations floating over his head.

They might still get good CB value in the second round. If Barnett can bring pressure, that'll make the secondary's job a lot easier (especially if they can get pressure with four).

-AE

Yep, Good post.

Comment

If Mills turns out to be half as good as the way he celebrated after the few passes he defended last year, he's going to be a beast.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Vinny didn't do shit last year

Picking where they were you take the highest rated blue chip prospect every time. I trust Joe Douglas that Barnett was a better value than Humphrey.

Most of those guys aren't long term pieces anyway. Cox and Graham are the only ones who should be considered part of the bigger picture at this point.

Comment

I've seen too many third and longs converted lately to not want cornerbacks. Even the best D-lines dont get to the QB most of the time.

Cornerbacks are by far the weakest group on the team (since they added Jeffrey and Smith)

Comment

Working...
                                X