No announcement yet.

I dont understand drafting 2 receivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont understand drafting 2 receivers.

Unless they cut Agholor, one of them can't make the roster. And DGB is definitely gone. Wasted pick.

Gibson to the practice squad I guess. Another DB or RB made more sense.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    Unless they cut Agholor, one of them can't make the roster. And DGB is definitely gone. Wasted pick.

Gibson to the practice squad I guess. Another DB or RB made more sense.
    Torrey Smith better bring it in camp. He's no lock.

Comment

Matthews will be traded. Dgb gone, ags 5th receiver until they can cut him for reasonable money.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        Matthews will be traded. Dgb gone, ags 5th receiver until they can cut him for reasonable money.
        I dont see a Matthews trade unless they get very good value (2nd or 3rd)

Comment

What do you see them doing? They aren't resigning him. No one is giving a 2nd or 3rd for Matthews, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            Torrey Smith better bring it in camp. He's no lock.
            And if he does, then what? I don't think either of the draft picks can get through to the practice squad. And supposedly Agholor is too expensive to cut. Matthews is a tough cut and a tough trade. I think Howie has painted himself into a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              And if he does, then what? I don't think either of the draft picks can get through to the practice squad. And supposedly Agholor is too expensive to cut. Matthews is a tough cut and a tough trade. I think Howie has painted himself into a corner.
              They carry six. Hollins is a lock. Let's assume Torrey makes the cut:

Alshon
              Smith
              Matthews
              Agholor
              Hollins
              Gibson

DGB needs to turn into Julio Jones to make the team.

edited to add: With Hollins playing STs, it wouldn't be unheard for all six to be active on gameday, especially if only six LBs dress.
              Last edited by The Duck; 04-29-2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I guess that works. And either DGB, Treggs or Turner end up in the Super Bowl with the Patriots.

Fkkking Agholor. Fkkking Chump Kelly.

Comment

What do you see them doing? They aren't resigning him. No one is giving a 2nd or 3rd for Matthews, imo.
                  i agree no one is giving them that. he'll stay for this season...

Comment

Howie is going to take whatever he can get for him. Same thing with Kendricks. Neither have a future here.

Comment

Howie is going to take whatever he can get for him. Same thing with Kendricks. Neither have a future here.
                      What he'll get is a comp pick at the end of the third round in 2019. That pick, plus another year of Matthews' production in the slot is worth more to them than anything anybody is going to offer right now.

Unless there's a TC injury to a contender, similar to the Vikings situation last year. In that case, the asking price would be a second round pick, multiple picks, a player, or some combo. Anyone who wants Jordan Matthews will have to give up more than what the Eagles are already getting by keeping him and letting him walk as a UFA in 2018.

Joe Douglas comes from a team that games the comp pick system brilliantly. They do it better than anyone in the league. HowJo will start using the Ravens strategy here next off-season. That's why all the one-year deals this year.

Comment

Keeping Matthews would mean they either eat agholors dead money and cut him or One of the two they drafted don't make the team, or Howie trades Matthews for whatever he can get or they carry six wrs. Which of those scenarios plays out?

Comment

I think jagholar contract will be eaten if these 2 produce in camp. He's chip's boy not Howie's.

Comment

Keeping Matthews would mean they either eat agholors dead money and cut him or One of the two they drafted don't make the team, or Howie trades Matthews for whatever he can get or they carry six wrs. Which of those scenarios plays out?
                            Why? Plenty of teams carry six. Especially when one of them is a STs gunner that allows you to carry one less linebacker or safety. Hank Baskett made the team over and over as an undrafted FA on the strength of his special teams play. Hollins is a lock to make the squad. And Gibson wouldn't make it to the practice squad, he'd be scooped up in a nanosecond. He's a lock too. The rookies aren't going anywhere.

Plus, we know injuries happen. And we know Alshon has had his share of them. Anything happens to him, you're right back to having JMatt as your best receiver. If I'm Howie, the window for trading Matthews closed about midway through the third round, when the last of the Tier 2 receivers who'd be replacing him went off the board.

If anyone is on the bubble this summer, it's Torrey Smith. If DGB has an ounce of fight left in him, that could be a really interesting camp battle.
                            Last edited by The Duck; 04-29-2017, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                              I think jagholar contract will be eaten if these 2 produce in camp. He's chip's boy not Howie's.
                              It's a $5M hit. Right now, they couldn't eat it if they wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                              X