Brady suspended for four games, Patriots lose 2016 1st rounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harls View Post
    Except the Pats were not caught. They decided they were guilty of deflating balls when there is no evidence they were deflated.
    yeah, this too. deflategate is a giant failure by the NFL.

Comment

The punishment is for the patriot "culture". Most teams view the pats as cheaters, I'm sure owners of teams who RG works for put a shit load of pressure on him to punish NE.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
        The punishment is for the patriot "culture". Most teams view the pats as cheaters, I'm sure owners of teams who RG works for put a shit load of pressure on him to punish NE.
        and i think that's pretty stupid. brady gets more games for being part of a culture than ray rice does for beating a woman.

Comment

Integrity of the game is more important to the shield then what happens off the field.
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Integrity of the game is more important to the shield then what happens off the field.
            How is paying for a report that ignores the evidence that suggests no one tampered to suspend a player help the integrity of the game?

Comment

Jesus H. Christ!!!! NFL and integrity cannot exist in the same thought.

The NFL does not have a shred of integrity.

To use 3rd & Inches speak......"Claiming the NFL has any integrity is like claiming DQ's mom (I'll let you fill this in)"
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I think the lack of cooperation with the investigation by Brady and the Patriots played a role in the amount of punishment which was dealt out.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

It's pretty simple

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                  How many games did Andrew Luck get? (After all, the Colts balls were underinflated too)

Well, at least the integrity of the NFL is whole again!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
                  You lie to investigators, you get axed by any company in America. He got four games. Boo freaking hoo hoo.
                  DB

Comment

what happens off the field affects the league's integrity and they know that. thus the overcompensation in the pats' penalties.

i think you know this, but i get the impression that you're giving the NFL's perspective/explanation of relative penalties just as much, or possibly more so than stating your own opinion.

Comment

In Roger's world..........

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                      You lie to investigators, you get axed by any company in America. He got four games. Boo freaking hoo hoo.
                      Taking 1 lb of air out of a ball equates to 4 game suspension, 2 draft picks, and 1 million dollars.

Absolutely beating the shit out of your girlfriend equates to a friendly 2 game suspension.

Fuck Goodell and the horse he rode in on. Worst commissioner ever in any sport. Even worse than Bud Selig, and that's saying something.

Ps......fuck your BAC mindset too.
                      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Nope

Taking 1 lb of air out of a ball equates to 4 game suspension, 2 draft picks, and 1 million dollars.

Absolutely beating the shit out of your girlfriend equates to a friendly 2 game suspension.

Fuck Goodell and the horse he rode in on. Worst commissioner ever in any sport. Even worse than Bud Selig, and that's saying something.

Ps......fuck your BAC mindset too.
                        If you lie about having the wrong length socks, you get tubed (no pun intended). That's the way it works, OB. Foul + lie is worse than just the foul.

And in this case it's made worse by history: Spygate and Goodell's lousy reactions to earlier transgressions, like the two games you mention. This is the makeup call di tutti makeup calls.
                        DB

Comment

If you lie about having the wrong length socks, you get tubed (no pun intended). That's the way it works, OB. Foul + lie is worse than just the foul.

And in this case it's made worse by history: Spygate and Goodell's lousy reactions to earlier transgressions, like the two games you mention. This is the makeup call di tutti makeup calls.
                          You mean maybe possibly but probably not foul

Comment

You may be correct, but I'm still not buying it.

Everything Goodell touches turns immediately to shit. This is no exception.

Comment

Let's be clear what I'm saying

Originally posted by harls View Post
                              You mean maybe possibly but probably not foul
                              I don't think what Brady is accused of doing influenced the outcome of the game.

I don't know whether he told them to deflate or not.

I do know that he lied about even knowing one of the two equipment guys from the texts of those equipment guys.

I know that he failed to be forthcoming with information, including his cell phone.

Based on the lie, he deserves the punishment. That's the way it works at any BAC. You lie, you die.

The Patriots, not so much, unless they were told after Spygate that the next time they'd get hammered. In which case they should've been on top of it.
                              DB

Comment

Now that I agree with

Everything Goodell touches turns immediately to shit. This is no exception.
                                Goodell is a shitbird, for sure. But I've seen so many reports just like this one that it's easy to see what the investigators are saying:

Brady knew about the deflations, he covered up with the equipment guys, and he lied about it.

Don't be misled by all the waffle words. You know this is the way lawyers couch everything.
                                DB

Comment

Working...
                                X