That Brent Celek interview this AM on IP was interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Brent Celek interview this AM on IP was interesting

Angelo got into some questioning about differences between FF and Chip and Brent was careful not to throw anyone under the bus. What I found really interesting was the stuff he said about veteran players in the past not taking the young guys under their wing. Veteran players treating the young players badly. He said all of that has changed. (I would bet that Chip is disgusted by a guy like Richie Incognito.) Getting back to FF: I just think that guy fiddled while Rome burned. He had no clue what was going on. The big FF was just going through the motions and destroying our team with his fat, lazy, sh*t work ethic. The players "loved" him. Sure they loved him. He was a f*cking PUSHOVER who let them do whatever they wanted to do. Lazy-a$$ed FF training camp. F'ing joke. Throat-clearing, clucking, double chin motherf*cker!

I got a tweet this morning

Quoting Celek from that interview that the players will "do anything" for Chip.

Discuss.

Comment

That bum still hasn't been cut yet?

Must be trade bait for draft day
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
        Getting back to FF: I just think that guy fiddled while Rome burned. He had no clue what was going on. The big FF was just going through the motions and destroying our team with his fat, lazy, sh*t work ethic. The players "loved" him. Sure they loved him. He was a f*cking PUSHOVER who let them do whatever they wanted to do. Lazy-a$$ed FF training camp. F'ing joke. Throat-clearing, clucking, double chin motherf*cker!
        Remember the early Reid years, though? He was actually pretty tough, and training camps were some of the more physical in the league.

His family issues just took control. No one could go through what he went through and still be an effective manager. He should have left after the 2011 season, if not earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
          Remember the early Reid years, though? He was actually pretty tough, and training camps were some of the more physical in the league.

His family issues just took control. No one could go through what he went through and still be an effective manager. He should have left after the 2011 season, if not earlier.
          I wanted him gone after 2007
          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

See-lick? Me too
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Bwahahahahahaha!

You crack me up!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                Angelo got into some questioning about differences between FF and Chip and Brent was careful not to throw anyone under the bus. What I found really interesting was the stuff he said about veteran players in the past not taking the young guys under their wing. Veteran players treating the young players badly. He said all of that has changed. (I would bet that Chip is disgusted by a guy like Richie Incognito.) Getting back to FF: I just think that guy fiddled while Rome burned. He had no clue what was going on. The big FF was just going through the motions and destroying our team with his fat, lazy, sh*t work ethic. The players "loved" him. Sure they loved him. He was a f*cking PUSHOVER who let them do whatever they wanted to do. Lazy-a$$ed FF training camp. F'ing joke. Throat-clearing, clucking, double chin motherf*cker!
                But was he calling from a beach in St. Louis?
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                  See-lick? Me too
                  Nah, FF...Brent's ok
                  YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                    Must be trade bait for draft day
                    BBBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

my understanding is that FF made it clear to the players that he wouldn't call them out publicly, and he expected the same from them. thus the constant "i have to do a better job there." if the players didn't respect FF i don't think they would have held up their end of the deal, so i doubt he's just a pushover. this is at least what i heard from brent celek's dad at their bar the weekend of the tie game in cincinnati in 08. the more interesting part of the conversation was that apparently celek said that with all the passes guys were dropping, you had to start taking a look at who was throwing the ball, i.e., they were sick of mcnabb's worm-burners.

Comment

Working...
                      X