Howie sez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howie sez

I can't find the exact quote right now, but...

There are only 14-15 guys that they rate as first round prospects. I found the quote saying that there are never 32 first round guys on their charts.

I am assuming they are removing QBs from that rating system.

I expect that list to always be shorter than other teams since they only draft lineman, QBs and WRs in the first round. For what it's worth, I don't hate that philosophy.

Comment

I don't hate it either

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
      I expect that list to always be shorter than other teams since they only draft lineman, QBs and WRs in the first round. For what it's worth, I don't hate that philosophy.
      So you have to think these are the guys they have on their list:

1 or 2 of the LBs (Smith or Edmunds; which they have little chance of drafting)
      2 or 3 of the OL: They've interviewed McGlinchey; Williams
      3 or 4 of the WR: Sutton, Kirk, Ridley, Chark(?)
      2 or 3 DT
      3 or 4 DE: Chubb, Davenport(?), Key, Hubbard(?)
      Maybe a DB or 2

I'd think if they got to 32 and they are left with a DB or one of the fringe 1st round DE or DT prospects, they'd trade out. Maybe even for a 2019 pick in addition to something this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        I'd think if they got to 32 and they are left with a DB or one of the fringe 1st round DE or DT prospects, they'd trade out.
        Unless someone really drops, I have a feeling they trade down into the second for a team looking to have that fifth year option. I can't see this team having one pick in the first three rounds. Maybe they get something reasonable for Foles.

If they stick with the pick, I'm thinking they go lineman. Orlando Brown shit the bed at that combine so he may worth a gamble.

Comment

Working...
        X