Open up the Linc . Zubaz rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open up the Linc . Zubaz rant

I'm little shock Jeffrey has not offered to open the linc for fans. Why not, even if you charged $30 a ticket. They would sell. BEER SALES, ETC. it might be cold, but fans would be together.
    Maybe the media will see this and starr the convo. Many owners do this for other sporting events, not sure why we havent.
    I'm sure it's all about or to do with TV ratings. NFL needs to do something about this.

Agree with this post

I know we were talking about on Sunday myself and CB if not Wells Fargo if they are not booked,,,,,why the fuc not!!!!?
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
      I'm little shock Jeffrey has not offered to open the linc for fans. Why not, even if you charged $30 a ticket. They would sell. BEER SALES, ETC. it might be cold, but fans would be together.
      Maybe the media will see this and starr the convo. Many owners do this for other sporting events, not sure why we havent.
      I'm sure it's all about or to do with TV ratings. NFL needs to do something about this.
      Does this fall under the NFL rules regarding mass viewing of the "Big Game"?

I thought there was some reason that NFL teams can't do this. I might be wrong though.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

There was a recent article (suggestion to do so) about this in the Inquirer with the idea the proceeds would go to the Eagles Eyemobile. The NFL has some kind of "rights" issue about large viewing parties. BUT, the Eagles ARE an NFL franchise, so I don't get that.

Since I lost out on the lottery, I have been hammering away at them via email, especially after it was revealed that "unclaimed" lottery winning tickets GO BACK TO THE NFL FOR THEIR USE! One of the responses I got back COULD be interpreted to mean: 1) more tickets will be made available; or, 2) a viewing party may happen!
        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I believe that's what they are claiming, but it would be at the venue for an NFL FRANCHISE! Makes no sense!!! I'm guessing the "key stadium people" get to go the Super Bowl, so fuck the average fan!!
          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

The NFL pimps the SB as THEEE event of the year and there's only 1 place to watch it. Inside their designated stadium. If they open it up to other stadia, that cuts the value of the SB site and reduces its unique-ness ( and the cost of tix)

If you've ever seen the 100 page list of concessions that the host city has to make to the League - its quite an eye opener. They control everything

It makes perfect sense to allow the Eagles to fill the Linc, but anything that detracts from the perception of Minny being THEEE place to be will be met with resistance.

And yes, its idiotic. And yes its a classic example of how short-sighted corporate greed really is.

Comment

Yep - there is apparently an NFL rule about rebroadcasts:

http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...-20171110.html

Comment

Nice. Another feather in the legacy of shitbag Goodell

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                Yep - there is apparently an NFL rule about rebroadcasts:

http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...-20171110.html
                Rack up the dollars.........fuck the fans!
                "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Would lurie get fined by the nfl or fcc if he did it?

Comment

Besides the effect on the NFL revenue stream (skewed ratings, skewed ad and broadcast rights issues), there is also the apparent concern about the local economy. This is a huge thing for the local bars and such...and sucking 60,000 people away from their potential consumer base seems like it could be viewed negatively.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
                      Blows. I would've gone to that and done a gayte in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                        Besides the effect on the NFL revenue stream (skewed ratings, skewed ad and broadcast rights issues), there is also the apparent concern about the local economy. This is a huge thing for the local bars and such...and sucking 60,000 people away from their potential consumer base seems like it could be viewed negatively.
                        I think that this issue alone is prob the biggest reason that it won't happen. It would kill small businesses that rely on that income.
                        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I'm not sure if there is a right answer. Some business are charging $30 to $100 to get in.

Comment

I'm kinda worried about trying to find a place for a somewhat large group. One to four is difficult. Ten to twenty is damned near impossible. Unless you rent out a hotel conference room, have some TVs brought in, and cater the thing.

Comment

EVERY PLACE IN TOWN, EVEN ANYWHERE AROUND THE CITY, ESPECIALLY D-TOWN IS GOING TO BE SO F'N CROWDED, PACKED IN LIKE A BLIVIT.

I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL BE ABLE TO FIND SOME PLACE COMFORTABLE TO WATCH AND ENJOY THIS WIN THAT WON'T BE TO ANNOYING.
                              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-26-2018, 09:22 AM.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X