Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And just like that Pitchers and Catchers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And just like that Pitchers and Catchers...

Report tomorrow.

Honestly, the more I see Kapler, the less I like him. Maybe I'm just getting douche-Chip Kelly-chills, but he seems a little too much SPORTS SCIENCE!! as well.

Oh well, the line-up looks legit and the bullpen should be solid. Need some starters though.

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
    Report tomorrow.

Honestly, the more I see Kapler, the less I like him. Maybe I'm just getting douche-Chip Kelly-chills, but he seems a little too much SPORTS SCIENCE!! as well.

Oh well, the line-up looks legit and the bullpen should be solid. Need some starters though.
    Mid Season he will quit just like Sandberg

Comment

It's Chip Kelly all over again Phillies style. But, maybe they get their Pederson in 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        It's Chip Kelly all over again Phillies style. But, maybe they get their Pederson in 3 years.
        Other than Nola I can’t think of another starting pitcher, and I get the same feeling Chip 2.0 has arrived at CBP. All I ask is to be entertained until camp opens in July.

Comment

I have no opinion yet of Kapler. Comparing to baseball managers to NFL coaches is apples to oranges. It's all about how he manages the young personalities. Sandberg was horrible at it, and I didn't think Mackanin was that great either (I'll never understand his popularity).

To me Klentak is the one who should be taking heat. Although I'm sure he will get another 2 years, he's been mediocre at best since taking over. He completely botched the Giles trade and the 2016 draft. He did nothing creative to improve the rotation, all those young pitchers aside from Nola are backend rotation guys. Maybe one of them will prove me wrong. I do like Santana as a player but I'm not sure he was exactly a position of need.

Comment

I was just thinking the other day that we need to turn it up a little on Klentak. I like the sabremetic approach, but maybe the pendulum swung too hard the other way.

We've been told an awful lot about the 2018-19 FA class and the young Phillies, but here we are a year away with 1 potentially great starter, a good starter (Eickhoff, who hopefully bounces back), a wild card (VV) and basically a bunch of back end guys who might turn into mid-rotation pieces.

The line-up looks good, but most of those guys are RAJ products (via draft or trade).

I'm not sure what's going on in the FA front this offseason (in general, not just the Phils), but I'm not sure why we don't have another man in the rotation.

That line-up though, I really think it could be special

Comment

Baseball was great when they all drank and smoked. This super fit player league does not interest me. It’s a video game now.

Comment

Working...
              X