No announcement yet.

Torrey Smith will be cut...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was bitching about passing up running backs ... in fact, I later stated that the Matthews trade was as much about Hollins as it was about Darby.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post
      per Adam Schefter. Thanks for the Title...now C Ya!
      tiny part of me was scared to see a Jerruh lol
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

It's OK. I was there for you then, and I always will be.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I thought you were going to go to the Pinkston attack ... and then I could pull his stats and prove he wasn't as bad as most think he was.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post
            per Adam Schefter. Thanks for the Title...now C Ya!
            WOW there is some news nobody saw coming

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
              Hollins is a ST's ace and nothing more.
              Not sure if serious.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I was a Pinky Puffer. Lead the league in YPC when he played across from TO.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  I thought you were going to go to the Pinkston attack ... and then I could pull his stats and prove he wasn't as bad as most think he was.
                  Pinkston's legacy is defined by Joe Theisman freaking out over a ball he lost track of on a nationally televised game, and Ricky Manning in the NFCCG. For four seasons, he was a solid #2. If we could have 2001-2004 Pinkston starting on this team opposite Alshon, we'd be golden.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    For four seasons, he was a solid #2.
                    If you mean turd, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      If you mean turd, I agree.
                      Yeah, that's the popular sentiment. But it isn't based on production. It's mostly based on an old Foreskin's on-air histrionics over an incomplete pass. He was a decent #2 in a properly ordered offense (one with a legitmate #1 receiver). When he was the team's top receiver in 02, his numbers were almost identical to Alshon's this year, with a higher catch rate. If Torrey put up Pinkston circa '04 numbers, his $5M contract would be a no-brainer.

Comment

i'd say they're based more on his terrible 03 NFC title game than anything.

james thrash wasn't far off from pinkston's production in 02, and also went for 800 and 8 in 01. starting receivers will get targets, but neither one of those guys was ever the #1 receiver in an offense like the 2017 eagles. the last 2 weeks of the season were also a wash, so i don't think alshon is the best comparison, especially considering his torn rotator cuff.

Comment

i'll admit that slizz has me thinking that maybe hollins has found his niche on ST, and wasn't meant to be an outside receiver. but he looked pretty good last year, and 25 catches would barely put him beyond the likes of billy mcmullen and na brown. the season that greg lewis was forced into starting, he caught 48 passes. i'd be surprised if hollins couldn't top 25 catches.
                          Last edited by art vandelay; 03-03-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            i'd say they're based more on his terrible 03 NFC title game than anything.

james thrash wasn't far off from pinkston's production in 02, and also went for 800 and 8 in 01. starting receivers will get targets, but neither one of those guys was ever the #1 receiver in an offense like the 2017 eagles. the last 2 weeks of the season were also a wash, so i don't think alshon is the best comparison, especially considering his torn rotator cuff.
                            I mentioned Ricky Manning in my first post. I just think the play against Washington stands out more to the average fan than any one play in the Carolina game. Mostly because Theisman went ballistic, when in reality, the pass and the route were totally out of synch and it wasn't going to be a touchdown pass.

My point wasn't that Pinkston was as good as Alshon. It was that he was a decent Y receiver when paired with a legitimate X. I only mentioned 2002 to point out that even without one, he was able to produce at a respectable level. Even before we knew about Alshon's rotator cuff, we all thought he had a decent season and were happy with his extension. Not a comparison of the two players, who were playing two different WR positions... just a frame of reference for what we consider to be respectable production.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                              Terms of use. Avatar change must take place by the week after the Super Bowl (I don't want you celebrating another win with a rainbow unicorn avatar), and then can be taken down at the completion of the 2019 draft.
                              https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ck-hollins-nfl

I’m feeling even better about this wager.

Comment

Working...
                              X