No announcement yet.

According to Peter King—

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Trent. I see no reason to give Foles the bum's rush out of Philly. Yeah, a first and fourth round pick would be nice but there are alot of if's as to what will be left that the Eagles really need. Wentz's recovery will not be known for awhile. And even if he does come back for the season opener who knows how he will play? Foles is the best backup we will ever have. He likes Philly and would be happy to stay. 5 million might be the cheapest insurance policy Philadelphia will have to guarantee a good season with playoff hopes next year. Another thing is how will Wentz play now that he most likely wear a brace for the rest of his career? Not as mobile, have to become a more accomplished pocket passer, run and slider. Pretty much what Foles is now. I love Wentz but he fucked himself up pretty well for nothing. Still pissed about how he got fucked up by that dirty motherfucker Mark Barron.

Comment

this

Originally posted by slag View Post
      So you believe Carson Wentz's physique, rehab resources and the current state of, and available, medical care for him ... compared to the situation as it was for the 22-year-old you ... is apples to apples?

(Not that the fact that it obviously isn't will guarantee he comes back by September)
      Rehab from a significant knee injury in 9 months is obviously hard and has many variables but it's a different era and we're talking about a young pro-athlete with a world of resources available to him, including the time and money to use them.

The other question is Doug's ability to coach up and Howie's ability to acquire a backup qb. Sammy Sleeves will be available and Doug was ready to go w/ him in 2016 until lightning struck.

Comment

Exactly.

The guy who scoped my knee 12 years ago worked on Tiki Barber ... I could have walked out of the operating room (they made me take a chair for legal purposes).

My friend had the same operation in HS and has a huge scar on his leg and walked with crutches for 2 weeks.

You can't hardly see the marks on my knee and I walked upstairs when I got home.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Geoff Mosher just broke story eagles were offered a 2 for Foles by an AFC Team

https://www.fanragsports.com/eagles/...or-nick-foles/

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            Geoff Mosher just broke story eagles were offered a 2 for Foles by an AFC Team

https://www.fanragsports.com/eagles/...or-nick-foles/
            No way you take this...much different than a 1st and 4th rounder

Comment

I'd have to be floored to take a deal on Foles ... and other considerations for me, as it is for others here, include what they really think of Sudfeld and what Foles wants to do.

Comment

I wouldn't trade him for a 2 right now. I prefer to have him here unless somebody blows me away with an offer like they did for I am Sam.

As of right now I just don't trust Wentz will be ready to play by week one. I'd operate under the mentality that he will miss 4 games if I was the eagles (unless their Dr's know 100% for a fact he will be fine by end of August and Foles truly wants to go somewhere else and start again. If foles wants that I'd give him that opportunity for what he did for us.)

I just am not 100% confident Wentz will be ready to go by early September. It won't be from a lack of work on his part. take it from me -- gingers are slow healers (likely due to lack of souls).
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-05-2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                  No way you take this...much different than a 1st and 4th rounder
                  Exactly. I hold at a 1st and 4th because if there are offers now, others will start to pop up.

The eagles seem 100% sold on Sudfeld's ability and to be honest, i'm not really going to question them right now.

If they feel he can be a back-up or even a starter in this league, then I agree and see what happens. Plus, they are going to lose guys so they are going to need to get young, cheap and controllable players back and they will need those draft picks.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Best case scenario for Foles,,give him a 2 year deal!

Think his cap hit is about 7mill; which is a lot for a backup Qb. rewrite his deal, and make it more of cap friendly number for this year. Give him a nice bonus for winning the last 3 games of the year,,then you have his 2019 rights to trade when your ready....We could still get a 1 and 4 for him.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Exactly.

The guy who scoped my knee 12 years ago worked on Tiki Barber ... I could have walked out of the operating room (they made me take a chair for legal purposes).

My friend had the same operation in HS and has a huge scar on his leg and walked with crutches for 2 weeks.

You can't hardly see the marks on my knee and I walked upstairs when I got home.
                      I HAD AN INGROWN TOE NAIL, WAS OUT OF WORK FOR TWO DAYS. OCEAN WATER HELPED OUT IMMENSELY.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                        I HAD AN INGROWN TOE NAIL, WAS OUT OF WORK FOR TWO DAYS. OCEAN WATER HELPED OUT IMMENSELY.
                        Hahahahhahhahahaaaa!!

Comment

Back in the 70's, ocean water took 10 days to fix a toenail.

Comment

I agree ....

I wouldn't trade him for a 2 right now. I prefer to have him here unless somebody blows me away with an offer like they did for I am Sam.

As of right now I just don't trust Wentz will be ready to play by week one. I'd operate under the mentality that he will miss 4 games if I was the eagles (unless their Dr's know 100% for a fact he will be fine by end of August and Foles truly wants to go somewhere else and start again. If foles wants that I'd give him that opportunity for what he did for us.)

I just am not 100% confident Wentz will be ready to go by early September. It won't be from a lack of work on his part. take it from me -- gingers are slow healers (likely due to lack of souls).
                            ....until you know he is 100% why take the chance, the market for QBs never goes down....what’s the worse that can happen? You keep him and Oh yeah, your back up is the guy who won the SB.
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

If the opening bid is a second, it’s going to end up being a first. Worst case scenario, Wentz is back in October. Is four weeks of Foles (who we lose in a year) in September worth a first round pick? I want as many picks as we can get our hands on while Joe Douglas is still in this front office.

Comment

Back in the 70's, ocean water took 10 days to fix a toenail.
                                DAMN IT! I KNEW I COULDA MILKED IT.
                                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                                X