IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 03-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
rothdawg

rothdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I知 pulling for Nick Foles to be back

I understand it could help the franchise restocking draft picks, but.

1) Carson is probably not going to be 100 percent
2) We are in 努in now mode. As in REPEAT.
3) He痴 the only the Eagles QB to actually get the job done.
rothdawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
91EaglesD

I知 pulling for you to be on the other side of the wall
Unread 03-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothdawg View Post

I get that. I just think they can win now, even if it means starting the season with Sudfeld for up to a month. What Foles gives you in insurance doesn't match the ability to possibly draft an additional two replacement level starters that you're absolutely going to need in 2019.

Having those additional picks also would allow you to draft for impact this year, and take a RB and TE higher than you otherwise might.

Also, I don't know how long we're going to have Joe Douglas in the building. I want as many picks as we can get while he's there.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
JuTMSY4

4) I'm not sure Foles gets you as much as #1-3 would merit for the Eagles.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 02:54 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "4) I'm not sure Foles gets you as much..."
brotherharv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
4) I'm not sure Foles gets you as much as #1-3 would merit for the Eagles.
If you池e an opposing GM, does Foles have enough of a body of work to trade the picks that we as Eagles fans would like to see in return?? SUPE MVP or not, I need a full season of that level of play before I make a deal.
brotherharv is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #6
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

Quote:

MY GUT FEELING IS HE STAYS NEXT YEAR, THEN HOWIE SAYS, GO TRY FREE AGENCY, WE'LL SEE ABOUT MATCHING ANY OFFER IF REASONABLE.

UNLESS A MID ROUND ONE IS OFFERED, WHICH IS UNLIKELY, BUT GOT ONE AND FOUR FOR SLEEVES.

WHO KNOWS.
Unread 03-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #7
brotherharv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
MY GUT FEELING IS HE STAYS NEXT YEAR, THEN HOWIE SAYS, GO TRY FREE AGENCY, WE'LL SEE ABOUT MATCHING ANY OFFER IF REASONABLE.

UNLESS A MID ROUND ONE IS OFFERED, WHICH IS UNLIKELY, BUT GOT ONE AND FOUR FOR SLEEVES.

WHO KNOWS.
We pounced on the Vikings desperation, will a chance like that come again?? I知 still trying to wrap my melon around the fact that the Cruds signed him for 20 mil.
Unread 03-18-2018, 03:16 PM  
Posted in reply to brotherharv's post starting "If you池e an opposing GM, does Foles..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherharv View Post
If you池e an opposing GM, does Foles have enough of a body of work to trade the picks that we as Eagles fans would like to see in return?? SUPE MVP or not, I need a full season of that level of play before I make a deal.
Jimmy G fetched a high second. Foles' body of work is significantly more impressive.
Unread 03-18-2018, 03:26 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Jimmy G fetched a high second. Foles'..."
brotherharv

Default Can稚 argue that at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
Jimmy G fetched a high second. Foles' body of work is significantly more impressive.
The problem lies in the fact that deals like that are far more the exception than the rule, both teams were desperate, Niners trying to dig out from years of shit, Pats trying to quiet TB12痴 tantrums.
Unread 03-18-2018, 03:39 PM   #10
bobbyuk

bobbyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

We certainly don’t want this to be like 07 when they rushed McNabb back from his 06 torn ACL. Had they re-signed Garcia for that year they might have been better than 8-8.
bobbyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 03:43 PM  
Posted in reply to brotherharv's post "Can稚 argue that at all"
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherharv View Post
The problem lies in the fact that deals like that are far more the exception than the rule, both teams were desperate, Niners trying to dig out from years of shit, Pats trying to quiet TB12痴 tantrums.
There are other precedents. The Kolb deal, the Feeley deal, the broken down McNabb deal... Seattle once gave San Diego a high 3rd and the 40th overall pick for Charlie Whitehurst (!) and the 60th pick. The value of QBs is always hard to figure, and it's almost always more than what any of us think it should be (remember our reaction to the Bradford trade... I laughed hysterically for a good twenty minutes).

I'm here talking about wanting two 2's for Foles. There's a good chance that Howie wouldn't even consider pulling the trigger on that deal. For all we know, AZ offered something like like when they called, before turning to Sleeves.

The QB market is nuts. Always has been.
Unread 03-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #12
TRENT

TRENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wow

really Wow
Unread 03-18-2018, 03:46 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Jimmy G fetched a high second. Foles'..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope foles gets more than a high second, but jimmy g is younger and has more of the pedigree that teams look for than foles. and judging from how much better the 49ers were with jimmy g under center, it looks like they were right to value him as much as they did. i'd love to see a desperate team trade for foles, but he's not the kind of guy who can turn a franchise around. i think teams know that, and don't they don't want to get saddled with a joe flacco-type contract.

the QB market is also unusual this year. pretty much every team either has their guy, or is in position to draft that guy. the browns, jets, and bills are probably going to spend high picks on a QB. that leaves um...miami as a destination for foles?

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 05:17 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "I get that. I just think they can win..."
rothdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
I get that. I just think they can win now, even if it means starting the season with Sudfeld for up to a month. What Foles gives you in insurance doesn't match the ability to possibly draft an additional two replacement level starters that you're absolutely going to need in 2019.

Having those additional picks also would allow you to draft for impact this year, and take a RB and TE higher than you otherwise might.

Also, I don't know how long we're going to have Joe Douglas in the building. I want as many picks as we can get while he's there.
Do you think we will see the same Wentz this year, though?
Unread 03-18-2018, 05:53 PM  
Posted in reply to rothdawg's post starting "Do you think we will see the same Wentz..."
The Duck

Quote:
Do you think we will see the same Wentz this year, though?
I honestly don't know. I'm sure his mobility will be limited for a big chunk of the season, but I can see him growing as a passer because of that. The kid's a freak, so I'm not betting against him.

Regardless, once he's cleared to play, he's playing. Any hopes of repeating are squarely on his shoulders. The only way Foles becomes a major factor late in the season is if Carson hurts himself again... in which case, it'll be time to have a very serious conversation about extending Nick.

Looking at it from that angle, I can totally see the wisdom in keeping him around. I just don't like to think about it.

Last edited by The Duck; 03-18-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Unread 03-18-2018, 06:33 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "I honestly don't know. I'm sure his..."
Philly's Best

If Wentz was never born and we had Foles and Suds going into next year I'd feel good. Better than most teams 1 and 2. Not downplaying Wentz but i think Foles fits well now that he's learned the offense and would perform at a level close to Wentz next season. Don't think he'll revert to any mediocrity in this situation, as some have mentioned. Would be very happy to have a healthy Wentz start the year and happy to keep Foles too.
Philly's Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 06:48 PM   #17
2Far

I don't think they're going to get the offer they want until someone goes down or proves completely ineffective, either in camp, preseason, or before the trade deadline after the season starts. Then a team will be desperate.

Maybe a slight chance something crazy could happen with the draft.
2Far is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 07:05 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "I honestly don't know. I'm sure his..."
rothdawg

Wentz is definitely the Franchise, Foles is probably the best insurance policy of all time. I get what you’re saying about Douglas and the picks, hopefully Howie can make some moves.
Unread 03-19-2018, 06:45 AM   #19
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

I'm pulling my root out to pee.
Unread 03-19-2018, 08:58 AM  
Posted in reply to DEERSPINE GUY's post starting "I'm pulling my root out to pee."
Spartan92

I'm good either way stay or go, but a 2nd and 3rd would work for me and I thing would be good trade value for Nick..
Spartan92 is offline   Reply With Quote