Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arent some of you wangnuts in San Diego?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arent some of you wangnuts in San Diego?

Ill be out your way in a couple of weeks.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Where are you staying?

me, packwest and mrtripledip are here. if you have time i can grab some beers.
    It IS About Me Asshole
    -----------------------
    Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

and westcoastjizgobbler is in anaheim i think
      It IS About Me Asshole
      -----------------------

Comment

Triple Dip is legendary for a number of reasons. Monsoons, Beer Kegs, etc.

PackWest is respected as well for a number of reasons. Never met him in person but he is a legend here as an opposing fan and he willl buy us beer as an opposing fan when losing a bet.

tjl88 you are truly legendary as well. I don't think I have met you in person but I don't want to stir up that old stuff at this time of the season.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Im in LA for a work conference Sept 27-29 then Im taking a boat out shark diving to Guadalupe Island Sept 30- Oct 5 from San Diego. Then I am just gonna stick around SD for 2 days and fly back on Oct 7. I didnt book a room yet so no clue where I should stay or do. Just booked this trip on a whim. Haven't been to SD since I was a kid.
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Met him during my book tour

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

PackWest is respected as well for a number of reasons. Never met him in person but he is a legend here as an opposing fan and he willl buy us beer as an opposing fan when losing a bet.

tjl88 you are truly legendary as well. I don't think I have met you in person but I don't want to stir up that old stuff at this time of the season.
            absolute highlight of my trip to San Diego...unfortunately I didn't get to hang for long but I can tell you (as is the case with most Igglephans) he is even better in person than in the cyberworld.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

There a few really good breweries out that way. Ballast Point is in the San Diego (I think they also have a smattering of tasting rooms around the area), and I understand that Stone, in Escondido, is a must visit.

We'll be heading out that way for a wedding in March, and we're looking at doing some beer/wine samplings while we're there.

Comment

Count me in for beers as well! If you have any questions Diggle holler at us(or google it).

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                  Im in LA for a work conference Sept 27-29 then Im taking a boat out shark diving to Guadalupe Island Sept 30- Oct 5 from San Diego. Then I am just gonna stick around SD for 2 days and fly back on Oct 7. I didnt book a room yet so no clue where I should stay or do. Just booked this trip on a whim. Haven't been to SD since I was a kid.
                  Downtown Gaslamp is where the restaurant/bar scene is. Lots of tourist things to do. North County is where the beach towns and most of the breweries are. The Encinitas area is really nice. La jolla and Pacific Beach are good areas to stay for a couple days also.
                  It IS About Me Asshole
                  -----------------------

Comment

You are well informed and seem well prepared for your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                      There a few really good breweries out that way. Ballast Point is in the San Diego (I think they also have a smattering of tasting rooms around the area), and I understand that Stone, in Escondido, is a must visit.

We'll be heading out that way for a wedding in March, and we're looking at doing some beer/wine samplings while we're there.
                      I think we have over 100 breweries now, it's pretty crazy how they keep opening. Google brewery tours when your here, there are dozens of those too.
                      It IS About Me Asshole
                      -----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Thanks IE. We didn't get to meet my last trip out. I'm hoping to make the Vikings gate this year. Hopefully you and some of the board can make a road trip next season when Philly comes here.
                        It IS About Me Asshole
                        -----------------------

Comment

Yeah, the search has been a little overwhelming. The wedding will be in Laguna Beach, but I'm thinking the trick is to arrive in San Diego, then loop up through the area and make a few stops, then fly back home via John Wayne. The wife wants to visit wineries, and the boy wants to visit breweries. I'm okay with either, but it'll be interesting trying to make everybody happy in a rather short amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                            Yeah, the search has been a little overwhelming. The wedding will be in Laguna Beach, but I'm thinking the trick is to arrive in San Diego, then loop up through the area and make a few stops, then fly back home via John Wayne. The wife wants to visit wineries, and the boy wants to visit breweries. I'm okay with either, but it'll be interesting trying to make everybody happy in a rather short amount of time.
                            The breweries are easy. Hit Mira Mesa(closer to Ballast point) or Vista(near Stone) and you can easily see 4 or 5 in a session. I think the Wine is in Temecula northeast of SD...or my garage.

Edit: I live near Vista, Belching Beaver, Booze Bros., Iron Fist and Mother Earth are all within a couple miles. Stone would be about 15min away.
                            Last edited by tjl88; 09-16-2016, 03:59 PM.
                            It IS About Me Asshole
                            -----------------------

Comment

Not visiting with LaLa/LosLos/RefRef?

He and IG had such a nice visit last time. They split a hummus and sprout pizza and Ref showed IG around all of the West Hollywood bars he loves.
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X