About the NFL ratings going down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the NFL ratings going down.

Some have said it's because of the Kaepernick protests. Originally this didn't make much sense to me.

After further review it does make sense to me.

Consider this: The demographic which is most aligned with the Donald Trump campaign is also the demographic which would be most opposed to the protests.

My Conclusion: Trump and Kaepernick are both rabble rousing and the NFL is taking a ratings hit as a result.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    Some have said it's because of the Kaepernick protests. Originally this didn't make much sense to me.

Consider this: The demographic which is most aligned with the Donald Trump campaign is also the demographic which would be most opposed to the protests.

My Conclusion: Trump and Kaepernick are both rabble rousing and the NFL is taking a ratings hit as a result.
    I skipped the second half of the lions game because it sucked balls and almost skipped the redskins game because of the lions game.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
      I skipped the second half of the lions game because it sucked balls and almost skipped the redskins game because of the lions game.
      Agreed there are multiple factors involved here.

I think fan unfriendliness and saturation are factors as well.

Problem for the NFL is what happens when a generation of kids who never got to go to a game in person because tickets are too expensive grow up. We may be seeing the start of that now.
      --------

Comment

16 of 18 penalties against one team. I still can't shake that.

I can only speak for myself, but when I walk away from the NFL (which I think is unavoidable at this point), it will be because of the officiating. I don't do pro wrestling, and more often than not these days, that's what I feel like I'm watching.

Comment

BINGO

This 100%

They will lose loyal fans because of the lack of accountability regarding la Refs

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            16 of 18 penalties against one team. I still can't shake that.

I can only speak for myself, but when I walk away from the NFL (which I think is unavoidable at this point), it will be because of the officiating. I don't do pro wrestling, and more often than not these days, that's what I feel like I'm watching.
            Another good point.

I have used the term "Mr. McMahon" on this board many more times than it is worth my time to count.
            --------

Comment

For me personally, it's the pansy-ass rules and horrible officiating which have taken my fandom down at least two notches.

The game today hardly resembles the one many of us fell in love with in the late 60's and throughout the 70's. KO's are almost non-existent, the ticky-tack calls(or just plain inconsistency) in the secondary, etc. There are times when you have to question if the games are fixed because the Lions game was over the top in BS calls and non-calls.

Comment

"EVERYTIME I THINK I'M OUT THEY PULL ME BACK IN".
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Did the season start yet??
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
                    For me personally, it's the pansy-ass rules and horrible officiating which have taken my fandom down at least two notches.

The game today hardly resembles the one many of us fell in love with in the late 60's and throughout the 70's. KO's are almost non-existent, the ticky-tack calls(or just plain inconsistency) in the secondary, etc. There are times when you have to question if the games are fixed because the Lions game was over the top in BS calls and non-calls.
                    i'm tired of that 5 yard rule. All these things are brutal and just slow the game down.

There are so many rules and so many variations to the rules, that the refs probably are just as confused as we are. "wait, was he five yards past the line of scrimmage, while cradling the ball, while making a football move, did the ball move while he was cradling the ball making the football move"....wtf.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

i'm tired of that 5 yard rule. All these things are brutal and just slow the game down.

There are so many rules and so many variations to the rules, that the refs probably are just as confused as we are. "wait, was he five yards past the line of scrimmage, while cradling the ball, while making a football move, did the ball move while he was cradling the ball making the football move"....wtf.
                      Too many "automatic" first downs which can really f a defense up and give the zebras too much control.

How many times have we seen a 3rd and very long situation where the offense attempts a short pass... It's incomplete, but wait! There is a penalty! "Automatic" first down!
                      --------

Comment

Too many "automatic" first downs which can really f a defense up and give the zebras too much control.

How many times have we seen a 3rd and very long situation where the offense attempts a short pass... It's incomplete, but wait! There is a penalty! "Automatic" first down!
                        And holding penalties. Any time the officials need to kill a drive, holding can be called on any given play. Probably the most useful momentum-crushing, game-controlling tool in their arsenal.

Comment

THEY ALL NEED TO BE PART OF THE GAME, PART OF THE SHOW INSTEAD OF BEING INVISIBLE.
                          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 10-21-2016, 04:23 PM.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Holding has always been a "call it anytime" problem but to me the two rules that have to fucking go (and I've been saying it about illegal contact for fucking ever) is the 5-yard contact rule and that stupid fucking "zero tolerance" hand to the head on the QB.

When a hand brushes a qb's helmet because a guy is trying to rush the passer with his hands up, or is taller than the qb and makes contact with the helmet as he sacks him ... that shit drives me nuts.

And I've been saying for a long time that full contact down the field until the ball is in the air should be reinstated ... no grabbing ... but incidental contact that is called illegal contact is fucking horseshit.

I cannot watch an NFL game without looking for a flag on every big play or any incompletion.

And that's what is killing the game ... Kapernick will blow over ... that shit won't.
                            Last edited by slag; 10-21-2016, 04:30 PM.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Last week's Dallas/Packers game was the first non-Eagles game I watched all season. Almost everyone I know says the same thing, they just don't watch it as much. Mark Cuban nailed it, hogs get slaughtered.

Comment

Working...
                              X