I Just Closely Watched Those Last Plays From Goal To Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Closely Watched Those Last Plays From Goal To Go

First and goal Foles throws it away and there really was not much there. That play was ok. On 2nd and Goal from the 6 when Shady carries it down to the 2 with 2:25 left, no less than four 49ers were on the ground there and very slow to get up. They were gassed. If the Eagles run up quickly and snap the ball there like they usually do chances are strong that they will score on a run. Instead Chip elected to let it run to the 2:00 warning letting San Fran get their legs back. 3rd Down Molk gets blown up and Shady appears to miss a chip block BUT Foles was backpedaling in the lane of the rusher instead of stepping up where he could have kept that play alive and done something.

On the 4th Down play when Foles forced it to Maclin incomplete beyond the back of the End Zone, Riley Cooper was open underneath Maclin in the middle of the End Zone and Foles incredibly did not see him. That's a TD right there and Cooper knew it. Casey was covered at the Goal Line and Foles panicked.

Both Chip and Foles had real bad games and it showed on those plays.

Cooper would've dropped it.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Cooper droipped a 17 yard TD earlier in the drive--if he'd held on, there wouldn't have been a 3rd or 4th and goal from the 2. Lots of people you could blame, but you just focused on Foles and Kelly--although I have to say, I thought on 3rd down, they would fake the inside zone to Shady and let Foles run it in himself. But, Shady missed the block on a blitzer and Foles missed Celek--did he panic? Hard to say panic when you have an unblocked rusher coming in on you. And maybe, after Cooper has dropped 3 or 4 passes this year, and the big one against the Saints in the playoffs that Foles simply doesn't trust him.

Comment

When Shady got to the 2 I also thought that if they hurried to the line they would have a MUCH easier time running it into the end zone. But Chip went the safe route and also all owed SF to reset.

Edit: I remember the heat he took last year for not bledo no the clock against SD, so I wonder if that was in the back of his head when he went the safe route.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 10-01-2014, 02:29 AM.

Comment

That whole game was a cluster fuck with mistakes on all sides, and any one of those mistakes could have made the difference in that game.

Even though ST had a good day how do you down the ball on the two with a PEFECTLY placed punt, and have you feet in the end zone.

That one interception, it may not have been overturned, but that ball hit the ground, lots of busted plays like the Gore run or the Ertz fumble that change that games outcome.

Don't get me started on the nonexistent ST "block in back" and J. Matthews getting MUGGED outside the 5 yards and no flag, and I am pretty sure that WAS Foles target on that play.

Oh yeah, Ed Hercules needs to go, the guy is becoming embarrassing.

Comment

Here is video of the goal line sequence.

http://youtu.be/64CrnOFDe6M

Comment

Not seeing Cooper open on the 4th down play - he's aggravated at the end because you can see he gets held up a bit by the defender and wants a penalty.

On those 4 plays I really can't see ANYTHING to blame on Foles - on first down nobody was open and on 3rd and 4th he got heavy pressure put on him quickly. I think they would have had the TD to Celek on 3rd down if Shady hadn't blown that block. I guess you could blame Foles for not being able to scramble, but it's not exactly his fault that he is a slow 6'6 QB.

Blame should, for the most part, rest with Chip and the play-calling.
              Last edited by hoo bleeds green; 10-01-2014, 03:55 PM.
              To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

Working...
              X