OK I gotta give the Patriots' radio announcers credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I gotta give the Patriots' radio announcers credit

Listening to their call, they had the Ertz TD correct. The one announcer counts the three steps Ertz took before he broke the plane.

Incredible to listen to their call as opposed to the Collinsworth Michaels call where they were advocating for overturning the TD.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

On their Philly Special call one of them is calling the direct snap before it happens too. They are sharp.
    Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 03-22-2018, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Al Michael sucked too.

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      Listening to their call, they had the Ertz TD correct. The one announcer counts the three steps Ertz took before he broke the plane.

Incredible to listen to their call as opposed to the Collinsworth Michaels call where they were advocating for overturning the TD.
      The play call to end the game was so underwhelming for such a historical moment. I can’t help but think he’s a Giants fan.

Colingsworth seemed to be manufacturing controversy. I don’t remember him being so uninformed about rules and making amateur calls.

Comment

I think Michaels had money on the Pats. Had to.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

A few times during the game

The Pats D would “force” the Eagles into second and 6 or 7, Collinsworth would start the “now we’re going to see that Matt Patricia defense with those exotic blitzes at it’s best”. It became quite comical. That, and “somewhere along the line James Harrison is going to make a game changing play”.

Love Merrill and Mike, it’s as if two fans won a contest to broadcast the games, the Pats broadcast sounded more like you were in the huddle. Football just doesn’t lend itself to good radio broadcasts.

Comment

Good to hear because the national duo really sucked

....they seriously dropped the ball. Thier lackluster, hot & cold, pretty much Meh approach to the game was painfully obvious.....I think they were grossly ill prepared.

Additionally, as some have stated it appears they were favoring one team over the other.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              The play call to end the game was so underwhelming for such a historical moment. I can’t help but think he’s a Giants fan.

Colingsworth seemed to be manufacturing controversy. I don’t remember him being so uninformed about rules and making amateur calls.

I've said this before in other posts, but when I have to look at the clock to see whether the Eagles had won or not in the Superbowl, or any team for that matter is inexcusable. They both were disappointed the Eagles won. Can't help but come to that conclusion when you listen to them. Collinsworth has always been a "any team but the Eagles" guy, but I had more faith in Michaels. Guess I was wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSRG7Tz8eYM "and time runs out....." Brutal, just fucking brutal
              Last edited by KenfromCanada; 03-22-2018, 08:17 AM.
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

NO ONE LIKES US AND WE DON'T CARE
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

and......uh..........time runs out...?
                  Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-22-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Would have much rather had Buck and Aikman

Comment

God that is a scary statement but a 100% accurate

FLY EAGLES FLY - Mother fucking World Champions!!

Comment

NBC gets the opening night broadcast

Fuck. Those 2 again when the banner goes up. Oh well, nothing’s gonna ruin that night.

Comment

Exactly! I am considering flying in for that amazing display!

Comment

Collinsworth and Michaels had prepared and taped the Coronation event that was planned for after the game.
                            Tons of footage shot, interviews conducted and production completed to slurp the Pats

They were all set to roll out the Greatest Ever montage, and it was all for naught.

For this we all thank you and express our everlasting gratitude

You're just the Fuckers for the job and the Eagles and their fan base came through in the clutch.
                            Congrats and thanks for shutting their pieholes in such stunning fashion

Comment

Cuntingsworth knows one thing!

he will see the browns Hoist that Trophy before the Bungals do Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaaa! Fuc that ahole!

think about it, without NE there has been some good parody in the league
                              The Eagles
                              Seafags
                              The Rams
                              Aints
                              Bucks
                              Ravens! Even Denver all have won the Big game in the last 20 years so something is working....Whats Next the Bills!!!

but the Bungals Nope,,never gonna happen!
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X