Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow. Heard a Grateful Dead song that I actually love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Heard a Grateful Dead song that I actually love.

"West L.A. Fadeaway"

Grateful Dead channel on Sirius is going to play all of the final shows. Pumped. Come on over and we can have a party in my basement, man hugs and all. I know Riccardo wants to hear the shows!
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Take it easy. Take it easy

I said "a" song.

WTH is it with Pennsyltuckian's and the Grateful Dead? I never got into the Grateful Dead. Just doesn't resonate with me. I like rock, blues, jazz, R&B, neo-soul, classical, even some rap...all kinds of sh*t. I think because it sounds too much like country music to me and I don't like country music. It's some kind of country/bluegrass/folk sh*t. Like I should have a big stalk of hay hanging out of my mouth.

How are the kids? I deleted my Instagram, so I miss seeing them grow. I am officially without social media (except for Linkednutz)
      Last edited by Two Gap Penetrator; 06-25-2015, 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling error fix before KG corrects it

Comment

I never got into them a whole lot, but I've always appreciated some of their work. Yeah, it has roots in bluegrass (which is a completely different animal from Country or Country-Western) - Jerry Garcia started first as a banjo player.

Comment

First line of the Wikipedia for "bluegrass music"

"Bluegrass music is a form of American roots music, and a subgenre of country music."

Comment

I don't know. I got into them when I was in my late teens around the time I got into Phish. Over the years though I can to appreciate them so much more. It's not the jamming or anything like that - it's the songwriting. A lot of their songs remind me of old country music that I like a lot - Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, etc.

Kids are great. Getting big! Your L is still on there. You can still peek on her account from time to time.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Some Dead songs have a blues or jazz element to them

Those are the ones I usually like. Listen, I totally respect the talent. When you can jump in and out of genres like that, it shows that you understand music on a pretty deep level. It's just not my cup of tea when it gets all blue grassy.

Comment

Country with a small C. Unfortunately the pop arm of the genre has defined Country, which further merged with Western.

Comment

Whatever. It's fakakta.

Facockta's Take!

I'm not a proud Okie from Muskogee.

Comment

Check out their American Beauty album. Some really good stuff on there. Some marginal material, too, but the good stuff outweighs it by a bunch.

Comment

BigMike in 5...4...3...

Still have his Waffle Music CD
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Their concerts were always a big party

Fun times dancing with arm waving wookie chicks
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

they're turrible

and worse live. Can't believe I actually saw them twice!
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

TURRIBLE!

Comment

Those would be my favorites of theirs too. Like McCarthy, I really like some of their stuff for the songwriting. But they also have some stuff that I don't like. Started listening to them after I got into Phish, but they never clicked for me the same way.

Comment

Working...
                              X