Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow. Heard a Grateful Dead song that I actually love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my college roommates in the early '80's was a big Dead fan and I gotta admit before I met him I knew damn little about their music. All I knew was their name and I just wrongly assumed they played hard rock with a name like that. I can't honestly say I ever became a fan but I have to admit some of their tunes grew on me after hearing them countless times.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      Grateful Dead channel on Sirius is going to play all of the final shows. Pumped. Come on over and we can have a party in my basement, man hugs and all. I know Riccardo wants to hear the shows!
      Its really cool they are doing all the simulcasts around the world.
      Some theaters are even allowing alcohol and tailgayting before the show

Our tickets for the Chicago shows arrived yesterday. ( wooooooo !)

Two-Gap, the Dead did cover some country tunes like El Paso from Marty Robbins and others.
      But they've had a pretty wide variety of genre's and styles over their 50 years of playing

Comment

well, last night's show was way better than i thought it would be. i expected a great atmosphere for those in attendance but maybe mediocre music. the core four played beyond what i thought guys their age could do, and trey impressed me more than anyone else on stage. he showed that he spent the past five months preparing for this. and there was actually a drums->space that i didn't hate! GD50 is killing it, good for all in attendance.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 06-28-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          well, last night's show was way better than i thought it would be. i expected a great atmosphere for those in attendance but maybe mediocre music. the core four played beyond what i thought guys their age could do, and trey impressed me more than anyone else on stage. he showed that he spent the past five months preparing for this. and there was actually a drums->space that i didn't hate! GD50 is killing it, good for all in attendance.
          GD fans should be kissing Trey's ass. He was awesome.

Comment

Couple of my Taper friends said the same thing

Played what about Baby last night! They sound great,,will watch last night show tonight and maybe some of the 1st set tonight...

these shows will be very special....enjoy everyone,,,when its over...Its over..I will be in the MSG tomorrow night,,R-40 can't wait..
            Last edited by TRENT; 06-28-2015, 05:31 PM.
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              I always cited his run with Phil and Friends in 99 as proof that he was a good fit for GD tunes, with the caveat being that he's not the guitarist he was 16 years ago. But you're right, he was awesome last night, exceeding what I thought he could do at age 50. Of all the stuff he's said in interviews lately, he mentioned going to a studio alone every day and being able to practice through his whole rig for the first time in ages. To me that explains a huge difference in his quality of sound, which at times over the past 6 years has just been...bad.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                I always cited his run with Phil and Friends in 99 as proof that he was a good fit for GD tunes, with the caveat being that he's not the guitarist he was 16 years ago. But you're right, he was awesome last night, exceeding what I thought he could do at age 50. Of all the stuff he's said in interviews lately, he mentioned going to a studio alone every day and being able to practice through his whole rig for the first time in ages. To me that explains a huge difference in his quality of sound, which at times over the past 6 years has just been...bad.
                You gotta spend a little less time on PT, man. It's just music. No sense in treating every show like it's an Eagles game.

Comment

I hardly do anything on there besides check the Eagles and Phillies threads. People on my FB feed post Trey/Phish articles all the time and sometimes I skim through them. I'm not emotionally attached to a Phish show the way I am an Eagles game but their shows are readily available and I enjoy seeing what myfavorite band is doing. I wouldn't say that's any worse than following a baseball team throughout a season.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                    Digging the Treyful Dead right now. Big Red is bringing it. Needs more Bruce.

Comment

Working...
                    X