Embiid to have 2nd surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embiid to have 2nd surgery

Yahoo Sports reporting that Greg Oden will likely miss the season.

Good thing they got Okafor.

yeah, this sucks. i was really enamored with embiid's potential, and even thought that having him healthy alongside noel would have been better than wiggins. but this is why they had to take the best player available in okafor. i still like the team's future even with embiid being a question mark at best.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      yeah, this sucks. i was really enamored with embiid's potential, and even thought that having him healthy alongside noel would have been better than wiggins. but this is why they had to take the best player available in okafor. i still like the team's future even with embiid being a question mark at best.
      Ya, I'm still optimistic, especially with the move they just made with SAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        Yahoo Sports reporting that Greg Oden will likely miss the season.

Good thing they got Okafor.

Yes he appears to be the new Greg Oden

Comment

Originally posted by smg View Post
          Yes he appears to be the new Greg Oden
          I very much hope I am wrong. He is a super likeable guy and I think he has star-potential. Hopefully this is something he can return from.

Comment

That sucks. So much potential. I really hope this does it and he has a long career.

But even if he doesn't, I've got no complaints about the pick. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

Good thing Okafor looks like a stud.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Embust

Comment

100 percent. It was a calculated risk the Sixers had to take. You don't win championships centered around players like Dante Exum and Noah Vonleh.

Comment

The difference is that Oden was picked before a former MVP. It would be a different story if the Sixers took Embiid ahead of Wiggins. But he wasn't, and Embiid's health led to the Sixers drafting Okafor, who could be very good in tandem with Noel. Like Annapolis said, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      The difference is that Oden was picked before a former MVP. It would be a different story if the Sixers took Embiid ahead of Wiggins. But he wasn't, and Embiid's health led to the Sixers drafting Okafor, who could be very good in tandem with Noel. Like Annapolis said, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
                      It'll be interesting to hear what he doctors have to say after the surgery. I'm sure theyll be able to shed some light as to why it didn't heal properly the first time.

Comment

I still want to know why he needs another surgery. Is that first surgeon a fraud?

Comment

It's 2015....don't they have bionics and shit? Heck, what Colonel Steve Austin got for 6 million, it wouldn't be that much to get Joel a new foot.
                          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by smg View Post
                            I still want to know why he needs another surgery. Is that first surgeon a fraud?
                            From what hinkie said...there was still a gap but he had no pain so he probably could have played. The surgery is for a bone graft to fill in the gap and probably have a bone stimulator.

Also...he apparently grew a bit taller too so that could have messed up the healing too.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                              It'll be interesting to hear what he doctors have to say after the surgery. I'm sure theyll be able to shed some light as to why it didn't heal properly the first time.
                              I hope you are right but after my own experience I'm not so confident.

Both bones of my lower leg snapped like pieces of chalk at age 43 without any contact! A former med school prof with two Best of Philly awards said medicine does not know why my body does not rebuild bone normally. He gave me little hope of resolving the problem.

I was fortunate to come across the semi-natural, functional medicine doctor, Mark Hyman. He says he went to ten other doctors about his own long list of disabling symptoms while a young doctor before someone realized heavy metals were involved.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjnGWSyxWJ0

A functional med doctor will be more likely to look for underlying causes since that is part of their medical philosophy. Mainstream medicine tends to look for treatments for symptoms.

After 1.5 years of heavy metal detox--Cutler protocol--the bone density was back to normal and interestingly a number of other minor symptoms I certainly never thought could be related also improved.

Comment

Working...
                              X