Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah...

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
    They did their due diligence-they know what their cap status is, they just didn't know how much desean will be trying to get. They found out, it was too much and they've moved on. Ff probably said come over for a one year joelo and get your career on track. Desean probably wants to get as close to what the Eagles were paying him. Thats probably not going to happen, he's going to have to do a show me deal I think.
    why would they not say it wasn't going to work out financially? To say niothing other than publicly bowing out after due dilligence implies something else
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

I'm not so sure the elimination of the Chiefs after a pretty short dance number isn't of more consequence but, as you say, whether this was a good move will have to play out.

On that ... I have a feeling Aaron Rodgers has been responsible for "evolving" GB fan opinions of dumping Favre as much as anything else.

Similarly, I'll evolve on this if the offense plays well with another player and/or revelations about sufficiently heinous transgressions come to light.
      Last edited by slag; 03-30-2014, 09:14 PM. Reason: typo
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

agreed...winning is the best deodorant

problem is receivers like DJax dont grow on trees. Maybe Kelly really is so good he can just allow a pro bowl guy to walk and have the offense not fall off. We shall see.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          if a team publicly says they are interested, then tells its fanbase they are backing off "after due diligence" but without further explanation, no mention of finance or cap space, coming on the heels of the gang ties allegations...what would you call it?

Im talking about one team doing that specific thing, not "any team" using your more generalized formula. And I call it an implied, if not outright SMEAR.
          I disagree. Teams look into players all the time and back off without explaining. Most of the time fans don't even know who was being looked into. The only reason the Chiefs probably made any statement was the high profile aspect and their statement said as little as possible to imply any reasons.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

They must really believe maclin is going to be ready... If he goes down. Whats left? Cooper and demaris? In a draft where most think they should go heavy on D, it looks like that will have to change. I'm bummed.

Comment

No, that was a reference to the Eagles ... I should have been more precise.

After seeing the Chiefs story, it revived a nagging feeling I've had that something is off on this in general ... the guy's too good for how this is playing out.

But, who knows, the Pats, Niners and Seahawks might get in play tomorrow.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                They must really believe maclin is going to be ready... If he goes down. Whats left? Cooper and demaris? In a draft where most think they should go heavy on D, it looks like that will have to change. I'm bummed.
                Benn could do a lot of what Cooper did last year imo. As long as he gets some separation, Foles is willing to trust a big receiver. But I agree that they're putting a lot on Maclin.

A lot of people saw the Sproles signing as pushing Jackson out, which is strange to me. Maybe they think that teams will respect Cooper and Maclin leaving Sproles space in the slot. I like the guy but he's 30 and he scored 2 TDs last year. I don't want to rely on him.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  Benn could do a lot of what Cooper did last year imo. As long as he gets some separation, Foles is willing to trust a big receiver. But I agree that they're putting a lot on Maclin.

A lot of people saw the Sproles signing as pushing Jackson out, which is strange to me. Maybe they think that teams will respect Cooper and Maclin leaving Sproles space in the slot. I like the guy but he's 30 and he scored 2 TDs last year. I don't want to rely on him.
                  Benn is an even bigger question mark than Maclin IMO. I don't see how they can go into the season without drafting a wr. Maclin will be a fa, benn will be a fa. It's strange how the position has gone from a solid strength to pretty much question marks everywhere. Very strange situation.

Comment

My feeling is that he wasn't Kelly's kind of player especially at 10 million. I think the gang banger angle is exaggerated and the Eagles should disavow it. But maybe DJax and others will benefit. It's a dead end game and shouldn't be trivialized.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Is that like the Saints having only 5M in cap space but could fit in a contract averaging 9M tp Jairus Byrd. If a team wants a player bad enough, as plenty of people on this board have said over the years, cap space can be found.

Comment

disagree all you want

Im hard pressed to think of another circumstance like this one. Cut minutes after a story appears about unconfirmed associations. Another team tantalizes its fans then backs off after "due dilligence". Why even say that?

You think it enhances the guys value?
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

They were gonna cut him regardless. The article coming out gave them the perfect opportunity. Couldn't get a pick for a guy coming off a year like that and in his prime? Why? Doesn't pass the sniff test, does it? Kelly and some of his teammates must despise the guy or something. There's a lot we obviously don't know.
                          Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-31-2014, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I think $ was the overall deciding factor

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                            They were gonna cut him regardless. The article coming out gave them the perfect opportunity. Couldn't get a pick for a guy coming off a year like that and in his prime? Why? Doesn't pass the sniff test, does it? Kelly and some of his teammates must despise the guy or something. There's a lot we obviously don't know.
                            I don't buy the full blown diva shit. I don't think he was the best teammate or employee, but he certainly wasn't bad, not bad enough to have the Eagles want to cut him. I think the Eagles don't believe that 10.5 mill was good value anymore in Chip's system.

Comment

We don't know how he was in the locker room. For none of his teammates to come out and support him, he must have been a real pain in the ass. And that is all we can go by at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                                Im hard pressed to think of another circumstance like this one. Cut minutes after a story appears about unconfirmed associations. Another team tantalizes its fans then backs off after "due dilligence". Why even say that?

You think it enhances the guys value?
                                What should they have said, IG? They don't want to sign him. Why do they need to broadcast to everyone the reason why? It ridiculous that for some people the idea of "SMEAR CAMPAIGN" has gotten to the point that if a team say virtually NOTHING it's a smear.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X