Chiefs back out of Jackson sweepstakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs back out of Jackson sweepstakes

After "due diligence" ... whatever that means.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...as-city-chiefs
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Assuming there is "more to the story," I suspect that the Eagles organization has to walk on eggshells with regard to releasing details to the public, or to potential Jackson suitors.

Comment

Flying blind like everyone else

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
      Assuming there is "more to the story," I suspect that the Eagles organization has to walk on eggshells with regard to releasing details to the public, or to potential Jackson suitors.
      But, that tells you something,,
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

More SMEAR

Originally posted by slag View Post
        After "due diligence" ... whatever that means.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...as-city-chiefs
        Implies, without saying WHAT, that they found something so horrifying they had to justify to their fanbase that they would not be pursuing the guy.

I thought in this country the accused had a right to face their accuser and hear the charges. Yeah...I know...its a football field, not a courtroom. But it just feels wrong.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

I didn't get that vibe when reading the article. The answer looks simple. They have no cap space. FF knows all about desean regarding character issues.

Comment

If the Eagles found out something about his private life bad enough to release him, the league should have been informed. Now, we don't know if they tried to trade him or not. Lots of questions. If they say that he just wasn't a team fit and the team is better without him, they should also quell all the stories about him if it's not the reason they felt the need to release him.

Comment

I totally agree if all of this boils down to simple alleged "gang ties" or whatever. I posted something similar in another thread. You would think the Eagles would do him the service of refuting that rather than leaving it out there.

I will say, however, that if this is something more serious - an indictment, for example -teams are probably doing him a favor by not putting anything more out there.
              Last edited by McCarthy12; 03-30-2014, 03:00 PM.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Why would the Chiefs smear him?

Like I posted, "due diligence" is unclear.

I could mean just checking the price.

But something just feels wrong here ... if their lawyers are telling them to shut up, I'm thinking there must be something to shut up about beyond he has a friend in a gang.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  Implies, without saying WHAT, that they found something so horrifying they had to justify to their fanbase that they would not be pursuing the guy.

I thought in this country the accused had a right to face their accuser and hear the charges. Yeah...I know...its a football field, not a courtroom. But it just feels wrong.
                  The Chiefs don't have enough cap space and they know they can't compete for his services unless he gives them a discount. It's more bad reporting via twitter than a real story with any depth.

Comment

The Redskins have only about 2 million more in cap space than the Chiefs (5 versus 7).
                    Last edited by slag; 03-30-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

well I have no clue about the Chiefs' cap space

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                      The Chiefs don't have enough cap space and they know they can't compete for his services unless he gives them a discount. It's more bad reporting via twitter than a real story with any depth.
                      but that would seem a clear justification to rule DJax out from jump street. Just say "we cant afford him." To me by saying that after "due diligence" they passed on him it implies something different.
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

checking the price?

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Why would the Chiefs smear him?

Like I posted, "due diligence" is unclear.

I could mean just checking the price.

But something just feels wrong here ... if their lawyers are telling them to shut up, I'm thinking there must be something to shut up about beyond he has a friend in a gang.
                        not buying that one. they know what their cap status is, and they know what DeSean is being paid and what he wants. You dont express interest in him and then back out and have the reason be merely checking the price. To me due diligence means they checked out the stories that have been circulating as to why the Eagles cut him.
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

So you think they saw something aside from money that's a good reason to back off?

Comment

I disagree

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            not buying that one. they know what their cap status is, and they know what DeSean is being paid and what he wants. You dont express interest in him and then back out and have the reason be merely checking the price. To me due diligence means they checked out the stories that have been circulating as to why the Eagles cut him.
                            They did their due diligence-they know what their cap status is, they just didn't know how much desean will be trying to get. They found out, it was too much and they've moved on. Ff probably said come over for a one year joelo and get your career on track. Desean probably wants to get as close to what the Eagles were paying him. Thats probably not going to happen, he's going to have to do a show me deal I think.

Comment

Chefs already paying that bum Bowe a shitload of $$$$. Probably cannot have 2 WR's with big cap figures. There are guys on D they'll have to pay/ extend in order to keep them.

Comment

Working...
                              X