http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-wo...ry-rock-music/
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Bwaa.. check this out - baby moose kicks scientist's ass

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5...zing-humanity/

Comment

written by an Idiot who never strummed a guitar

but it was interesting to hear the view of the time,,with so many good musicians out there...Never once does the Beck album and Zeps first 3 albums even pass I million light years from each other,,,Very poor analogy..as for being a writer,,I'd say Jimmy and JPJ very quickly came about into their own....the next 11 years would tell the story.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

That guy is a renowned Zep hater. F him!

Comment

Haha. I bet he wishes he could take this back...

-"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" alternates between prissy Robert Plant's howled vocals fronting an acoustic guitar and driving choruses of the band running down a four-chord progression while John Bonham smashes his cymbals on every beat. The song is very dull in places (especially on the vocal passages), very redundant, and certainly not worth the six-and-a-half minutes the Zeppelin gives it.

Comment

I could see legalizing the shooting of Chihuahuas... for sport.

Comment

Shut up

Communication Breakdown is one of the top air guitar songs in the history of using a tennis racquet to riff.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Music critics are mostly douche bags. I've seen great albums get bad reviews initially, only to have those revised or completely deleted. I've also seen great albums get great retroactive reviews from publications that would never have done that initially. For example, pitchfork gives godweensatan a 9.6 iirc. No way they would have given that if they were around in 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                    Music critics are mostly douche bags. I've seen great albums get bad reviews initially, only to have those revised or completely deleted. I've also seen great albums get great retroactive reviews from publications that would never have done that initially. For example, pitchfork gives godweensatan a 9.6 iirc. No way they would have given that if they were around in 1990.
                    I'd give Rolling Stone credit for archving their old reviews. When I had a job at the University library back in the 80's one of my favorite things to do was to pull an an old issue of it to read during downtime. There is a lot of stuff you would think is stupid now.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Aren't all critics douchebags?

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      Music, movies, restaurants, etc. Not including El-Righto of course

Comment

My two favorite things in life: the Philadelphia Eagles and Led Zeppelin

Comment

Just heard the immigrant song live on ozzy's boneyard

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                          Sounded like a high school garage band... turrible!

Comment

really tough to criticize a review written in 1967 in 2014. tastes change.

first led zep album is the only one i particularly like other then zoso. the movie was good too.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Physical Graffiti is their best album. It's a little bit of everything that made Zep so great.

Comment

Working...
                              X