Chip settles the Mathis issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip settles the Mathis issue

"He didn't want to be here. I wanted him to get whatever he could get. I hope it works out for him."

Chip Kelly on Evan Mathis

Like CC say.....not about the $$$. He wanted out of Chip ball. Will be happy to get less ..still be a millionaire...and away from high school football.

Wow that is what you got from Chip's comments?

Mathis has been bitching about $ for the last two off seasons, how was this not about $ for him?

Dude, you should really give up this shtick or find a new bored

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
      "He didn't want to be here. I wanted him to get whatever he could get. I hope it works out for him."

Like CC say.....not about the $$$. He wanted out of Chip ball. Will be happy to get less ..still be a millionaire...and away from high school football.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
        Riccardo is not going to like this.

Comment

Did chip say that shit on twitter?

Comment

if by "high school football," you mean the only coach under whom mathis has experienced winning seasons since he became good, then i agree, mathis will be happy.

Comment

Isn't it funny how a lot of players seem to be having career years under Chip?
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think it's about more than just money, Evan said he could block things out and not be a distraction during the year if asked to play out under current contract (and I believe he would/could), but I also think Chip set the tone that this stuff just isn't going to be tolerated, either your here 100% or your gone.

BTW, how many Rosenhaus guys are still on the team? number has to be dwindling.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                  I think it's about more than just money, Evan said he could block things out and not be a distraction during the year if asked to play out under current contract (and I believe he would/could), but I also think Chip set the tone that this stuff just isn't going to be tolerated, either your here 100% or your gone.

BTW, how many Rosenhaus guys are still on the team? number has to be dwindling.
                  Yep. When everyone on the team is at the voluntary workouts and you're not there, it's not really voluntary at that point unless you're just an asshole.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Mathis insinuated that the Eagles waited until after the FA period was over before they cut him ... in effect contending they "Trottered" him to keep him from getting the money he wanted.

He then claimed he didn't ask for a release from then until he got cut ... as if doing that (but still skipping voluntary workouts) made him pure as the driven snow.

I'm not sure if Kelly intentionally waited to limit Mathis' prospects, or wanted to see what he would do vis a vis voluntary workouts, but it appears this got personal.
                    Last edited by slag; 06-16-2015, 02:52 PM.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

We were just wondering if Pee Stain wanted to come out for some suds and maybe having his ass handed to him in a couple of games of Dig Dug.
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Mathis insinuated that the Eagles waited until after the FA period was over before they cut him ... in effect contending they "Trottered" him to keep him from getting the money he wanted.

He then claimed he didn't ask for a release from then until he got cut ... as if doing that (but still skipping voluntary workouts) made him pure as the driven snow.

I'm not sure if Kelly intentionally waited to limit Mathis' prospects, or wanted to see what he would do vis a vis voluntary workouts, but it appears this got personal.

I guess you could look at it that way, but let's not forget he was also shopped the year before with no takers, so who does Mathis blame that on?

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post

Chip said he didn't want to be here. Are you questioning the Chipmeister?

Comment

No, that's not what he said.

What he said is:

"We were asked by his agent for a release on multiple occasions. We weren’t going to come to a conclusion in terms of a contract extension. We weren’t going to extend any contract or adjust any contract. So we granted him what his agent asked for.”
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

What is the practical difference between "he didn't want to be here" and "We were asked by his agent for a release on multiple occasions"?

Comment

Working...
                              X