2016 Olympics in Brazil could be a disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    ....talking about how polluted the water is for the boating competition. Animal carcasses, sewage, tons of junk, almost a guarantee for infection.

The now "removed" chairman attempted to have the games relocated to cleaner waters but was silenced and dismissed.

Pitiful and ugly.
    What about the human carcasses and body parts as well?? The pollution levels are so high there that it makes 1970 Lake Erie look like the fountain of eternal youth.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Is that for real or urban myth

Sounds like India, not Brazil
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I watched a report last year that saw more than one floating body and body parts floating in the bay where they're having the sailing events. Too much garbage to even contemplate cleaning it up as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9507728.html
        Last edited by KenfromCanada; 02-04-2016, 01:58 PM.
        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
          You don't think zika is related to mosquitoes living, eating and breeding in contaminated water?
          Skeeters typically pick up their pathogens from the mammals they are sucking on as opposed to the water where they lay their eggs.

When a skeeter bites you, they secrete a small amount of anticoagulant to keep your blood from clotting. ( anticoagulant is what causes redness and itching)
          They then sip in and out, so you are getting a load shot into you as much as a load taken out. Within that load they shoot into you are the various viruses and parasites that are growing inside the skeeter, but not harming it. That's how viruses/parasites are spread from mammal to mammal- via the skeeter vector

Comment

It's for real.

I chat now and then with a guy that's a civil engineer down there and he says it's worse than what is even reported. His days are ridiculously long now trying to get shit together for the Games.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Worse stuff than Zika in the SA tropics.

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
              But that alone is rapidly spinning out of control. Is there any way they could move it this late in the game?
              ...an entire multitude of no see-ums and other mosquito transmitted illnesses just waiting for a buffet of out of towners.
              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

It's still used...

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                Bring back DDT!
                ...I have friends in Peace corps....the stuff is still in use.

Folks in Mali wash thier Adobe sided huts with it.....no joke.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Mm hmm. Folk in backwater countries throw it into a pond...

and then scoop up the dying fish with nets. Cook and eat them.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Sure are

Like the dick fish!

http://www.perunature.com/candiru-fish.html
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

hehehe...are you kidding me???

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                      ...we get them on the board all the time, just ask CCPete.

I have several Peace Corp, Entomologist and Herpotologist friends and their stories of travels to the area are a hoot. Spent some time myself trekking through the Honduran rainforests.....good stuff.

My favorite( besides dick fish) is the mosquito transmitted hemorrhagic fever.

Like Ebola with wings!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X