• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woot woot!
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

All Of his picks will be guys he personally drafted and developed while playing Madden 2016 in his office over the past 12 months.

I'm tellin you guys to trust me! Jake Coker will outperform Paxton Lynch based on the first hand analysis I've done! Turn in the card!

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        Upper Class Twit of the Year 2016
        I feel like that sketch exemplifies this FO situation. Tom Donohoe, Lurie and Howie feeling superior while running into walls, falling down and being comically incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          This, of course, is a franchise which drafted Matt McCoy, linebacker from San Diego State, when they intended to draft Kirk Morrison, linebacker from San Diego State.
          Did this actually happen? I hadn't heard this before.

Comment

Draft Schmaft, we're good there....
            Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...ing-nfl-draft/

http://www.consolecity.com/forum/arc..../t-64458.html

It was day one of the 2005 NFL draft. In the first round, the Eagles selected DT Mike Patterson. It was lauded as a great pick. "The rich get richer" one ESPN analyst stated.

In the second round, the Eagles had two picks, and the first was used to select WR Reggie Brown. Some said he was the most underrated WR in the draft, and had the potential to be the most productive WR drafted in the Andy Reid era.

The 2nd pick was used on LB Matt McCoy...and a collective "huh!?" was heard.

For 6 months following the draft, the Eagles wesite, their media guides, and even their scounting department were all quoting McCoy's awesome collegiate career, nearly 400 tackles in 4 years. But...

Matt McCoy only played 3 years, accumulating 220 tackles. So whose stats were being quoted? Kirk Morrison, the MLB of the same team, drafted by the Oakland Raiders. McCoy was drafted 31st in the 2nd round (63rd overall). Morrison? He was taken 3-14 (78th overall).

Kirk Morrison was projected as a late day 1/early day 2 pick, with McCoy projected mainly as a 2nd day pick, possily undrafted. McCoy's shuttle time at the combine opened a few eyes, but he was still viewed as undersized (220lbs) for the position, and just not that talented.

This season, Morrison has started for the Raiders and led the team with 110 tackles. McCoy, despite the injuries, being eliminated from the playoffs, and the Eagles' desire to play young players to evaluate talent, has only played n 3 games and recorded one tackle for the season. He has not been injured, and it's not like the Eagles have a plethora of talent at the position.

The Eagles FO won't admit it, but they were targetting Kirk Morrison...and they grabbed his teammate by accident.
              Last edited by RSE; 02-02-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                How many brothers of decent NFL players are in the draft this year?
                JJ Watt's shittier younger brother is available to be drafted as a FB if they miss out on Fredo Gronk.

Also, Ed McCaffrey's kid is available. No, not the all-world, future Heisman winner from Stanford. The other one. The one who underwhelmed for 4 years as a WR at Duke. He'd fill Cooper's spot perfectly.

Comment

And there's Roseman attempting to shoot the tied down rabbit!!!

Now he's taken the pencil from behind his ear and is stabbing it!!!
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I honestly thought when we would talk about the Eagles accidentally taking McCoy over Morrison it was a joke. Kind of like I thought it was a joke that we drafted a 30 year old Canadian fireman who had just started playing football. I guess I'll never learn.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

FOLDSTANDARD...fucking outstanding!!
                      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I'm speechless

Comment

That's insane. How had I never heard of this? Inexcusable.

Comment

...very depressing thread.

Comment

The eagles are on the clock and thanks to high def TV
                              I can see sweat trickling down Roseman's cheek
                              His heartbeat sounds like Sasquatch feet.
                              Thundering, shaking the concrete.
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                                I'm speechless
                                What are the great drafts the Eagles have had since Reid was hired? If Howie finds two starters - without a second rounder- he's above average. Not concerned at all.
                                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X