No announcement yet.

Roseman Running The Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont quite understand your sentiment here. are you saying that since the Eagles have not been drafting well recently its not an issue if Roseman turns in a mediocre draft? That doesnt make a whole lot of sense.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Dude that just is so depressing but you aren't wrong.
      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

And Tom donohoe isn't even in the CITY where the team operates.

Hope he's got a
        Great skype set up.

What a colossal goat fuck this FO is.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
          the Eagles have not been drafting well recently.
          Recently? List the great Eagle GMs of the past fifteen years. Somehow or other they've won a bunch of games without one.

As long as Howie doesn't start releasing All-Pros and giving away draft picks, things are moving in a better direction.
          Last edited by Maniac; 02-04-2016, 01:31 PM.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Unfortunately it'll take at least

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Now let's see if Lurie really meant what he said when he was talking about accountability.
            two years minimum to assess Howie's performance in the draft and free agency. Thats another two years all of us are closer to death, without a SB.
            You think its a joke!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Recently? List the great Eagle GMs of the past fifteen years.
              Heckert is the last GM before Howie. He is now the Broncos Director of Pro Personnel. That team is in the Super Bowl. Roseman replaced Jason Licht when Licht was fired in 08. While not the GM in Philly Licht is now the GM of Tampa which straight up crushed the Eagles this season.

The driving fact isnt that Howie is an awful GM, its that he has alienated so many people in the personnel dept. and, as a result, that essential department has been absolutely gutted over the past eight seasons to accomodate this guy and now they literally cant even pay any decent personnel people to work with Roseman. The non driving fact is that Roseman is an awful GM.

Comment

Heckert is the last GM before Howie.
                Yeah, I remember all the love for Chet Heckert. Total zero. He got the job through his dad. The Broncos were a Super Bowl team before he got there. Pure revisionist history.

Comment

The Broncos free agent acquisitikns were pretty good since Heckert has been there. Talib, ware, mathis.

Comment

The Broncos free agent acquisitikns were pretty good since Heckert has been there. Talib, ware, mathis.
                    Think Elway had any input on those?

Please. ..enough deifying Chet Heckert. He's nobody.

Comment

youre touting rosemans credentials while denigrating a guy who was here when the team was winning playoff games and now works for a team in the super bowl. you think youre making a case against heckert by bringing up old posts by me critical of his clout under reid but, really, youre just embarassing yourself.

Comment

Chip Kelly writes contracts

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                          How many brothers of decent NFL players are in the draft this year?
                          Gronkowski's little brother is coming out from Kansas State. He's a Fullback/ H-back. Should go in the 6th or 7th round.....Eagles will grab him in the 3rd. :^p

Comment

youre touting rosemans credentials while denigrating a guy who was here when the team was winning playoff games and now works for a team in the super bowl. you think youre making a case against heckert by bringing up old posts by me critical of his clout under reid but, really, youre just embarassing yourself.
                            Are you talking about Tom Heckert who got fired by the Browns? I don't need to make a case against Heckert. You already ageed he was Andy's asswipe. Now he's Elway asswipe. At least he has a splinter skill.

Nowhere did I tout Roseman's credentials. I said I think he goes consensus this draft which is fine with me.

Talk about embarrassing yourself. Give it up already.

Comment

Not defending Howie but weren't there incidents in drafts past where Howie had to tell Chip it was too early to take a player. I recall Chip wanting Taylor Hart in the 3rd round and Howie told him it was a reach. Eagles ended up getting Hart in the 5th, and even that was probably a reach.

I guess what I am saying is, I trust Howie to draft more than the guy that was in charge last offseason.

Comment

He stopped Chip from drafting Matthews with the first pick, I believe. There's a difference between knowing where players are likely to go (which he is good at) and picking the best players (he used the first pick on Marcus Smith).
                                Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-04-2016, 09:47 PM.
                                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                                X