Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Graham Wants 4 years/30 mill

with 20 mill guaranteed, per Mosher

Honestly, I won't be the least bit surprised if he gets it.

Comment

Just shaking my head, I'm not saying he isn't/won't be a good player going forward, but he's been here what 3 years and played 15 games?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
        Just shaking my head, I'm not saying he isn't/won't be a good player going forward, but he's been here what 3 years and played 15 games?
        Five years. Drafted in 2010.

Comment

buh bye
          Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            Five years. Drafted in 2010.

Hate to say it but I think they have to pay him? Rather than letting him walk and gamble on filling that spot.

Comment

Well, see ya later.

Comment

Jimmy Kempski has used Everson Griffen, from the Vikings, as a comparable player.

Last offseason, Griffen got a 5/42mill deal.

In 361 less snaps, Graham has more tackles, more forced fumbles and only 3.5 less sacks.

Somebody, whether it's the Eagles or a 4-3 team, is going to pay Graham what he's looking for.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 02-11-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  Brandon Graham Wants 4 years/30 mill

And I want a solid gold toilet but it's just not in the cards now, is it?
                  The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                    Jimmy Kempski has used Everson Griffen, from the Vikings, as a comparable player.

Last offseason, Griffen got a 5/42mill deal.

In 361 less snaps, Graham has more tackles, more forced fumbles and only 3.5 less sacks.

Somebody, whether it's the Eagles or a 4-3 team, is going to pay Graham what he's looking for.
                    Someone is going to pay him for sure, just doubt that its going to be the Eagles. Not sure who they pull up to replace him now. In looking at other players contract numbers he's not asking for something out of line.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                      Hate to say it but I think they have to pay him? Rather than letting him walk and gamble on filling that spot.
                      They want Worilds from Pittsburgh.
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Well, to be honest, if they gave Cooper 5/25, I would not think it a stretch to give BG 4/30. At least if you base it on ranking/productivity.
                        Last edited by Eagle Road; 02-11-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                          They want Worilds from Pittsburgh.

Worilds is going to cost more than Graham, closer to $10 mil a season. Is he that much of an upgrade over Graham?

Robin Williams

Comment

That would be a real shit sandwich to have to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
                              Someone is going to pay him for sure, just doubt that its going to be the Eagles. Not sure who they pull up to replace him now. In looking at other players contract numbers he's not asking for something out of line.
                              I think may hinge on the idea of replacing Cole with Graham and replacing Graham with Smith or someone new.

Cole counts 11.6M against the cap in 2015 while that contract for Graham would only average 7.5M/year.

Cole played 800 defensive snaps (867 total) and had 6.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 40 tackles and 12 assisted tackles.
                              Graham played 499 defensive snaps (737 total) and had 5.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 35 tackles and 11 assisted tackles.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/phi/2014.htm
                              http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Those numbers suggest that Graham was more efficient than Cole. Now, Graham didn't play as much on defense perhaps there's a concern of him performing as well when he has to play more but he's also 6 year younger than Cole.

A question could be raised about who replaced Graham as #3, but if either Cole or Graham walks that issue has to be addressed regardless.

Edit to add:

They may also consider losing both Cole and Graham and bringing in an even better option. I just don't the money is outrageous of Graham were to take over as the starter.
                              Last edited by TerpEagle; 02-11-2015, 06:32 PM.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X