No announcement yet.

Elegy for Jeremy Maclin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus H. Christ......What the fuck have you been watching?

Idiot comment of the year:

"Kelly is a far better game day coach but his overall results are still way short of Reid's"
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Stupid comparison. Matthews potential is undetermined. Coopers ceiling is established. Matthews will be #1 wr next year.
      Overpaying Cooper is a problem but overpaying Maclin doesn't solve it.

So many good receivers in the draft lately. And look at what Chip is getting out of Sproles. Plenty of options if Maclin wants a mint.
      Spend the money but not at WR.
      Football Outsiders has Maclin ranked 32nd among WR in DYAR and 42nd in DVOA. With a negative value per play compared to the average wide receivers. Football stats aren't perfect but that's startling.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr
      Take it up with football outsiders. They have a pretty good reputation. Maclins stats are definitely inflated by his huge amount of targets by I'm still surprised he's ranked that low.
      Just what I told you. WR is not important. QB is.

Quote:
      If Chip Kelly gets the quarterbacking situation straightened out long-term, I think he will win a Super Bowl here
      And by the way ...
      Quote:
      Riley Cooper: The Eagles might have given a starting-quality contract to a guy who's just a good fourth receiver.
      Don't make the same kind of mistake with Maclin. Pay him average money or let him go.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._HALF_BAD.html
      You were right all along!
      Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-10-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Impolite

Comment

I guess I missed the playoff wins and championship games and Super Bowl. What have you been watching?
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

A guy who absolutely knows what he's doing

I guess I missed the playoff wins and championship games and Super Bowl. What have you been watching?
            As opposed to the Fat Bastard without a clue.

I guess you have a reserved seat now at the Chefs bar in South Philly to root on your clueless hero.
            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              You were right all along!
              Yes I was. And I haven't contradicted any of that here. Actually I reiterated it.

Most everyone else was in love Maclin. Now they agree with me as the Domo quote illustrates. Interesting how that works.

Comment

Kelly is a better strategist and game day coach without question. Not so sure about dealing with players and managing the roster.

In any case, his NFL accomplishments so far are not much more than a zit on the fat man's ass.
                Last edited by Maniac; 03-10-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

in love?

Yes I was. And I haven't contradicted any of that here. Actually I reiterated it.

Most everyone else was in love Maclin. Now they agree with me as the Domo quote illustrates. Interesting how that works.
                  or just thought he could replace Djax's production. Which he did.

besides, you said we already have a #1 receiver.

Comment

Kelly is a better strategist and game day coach without question. Not so sure about dealing with players and managing the roster.

In any case, his NFL accomplishments so far are not much more than a zit on the fat man's ass.
                    Andy Reid's 16-16 reg season 1-1 postseason
                    Chip. 20-12 0-1

First two seasons.

Comment

Come back in a few more years.......

after FF completes his slow torture and death of the Chefs.

Watch how he takes this competitive roster and slowly turns it into shit.

Chip is already miles above FF in ability to coach. As for zits on Andy's ass, I'll leave that lovely thought to you.

Comment

No, I agree with that move. Giving up Jackson and McCoy while paying Cooper..not so much.
                        A lot of people use Cooper as an example of getting paid. The guy isn't making serious money. Coopers contract had nothing to do with the decision to pass on Jackson, Maclin and McCoy. McCoy was getting paid and he was still bitching about guaranteed money. I'm not a fan of Cooper but he is what he is. He's a cheep inexpensive WR

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          Maybe it is Kelly's system then. DeSean had a career year. Then Maclin, who isn't Desean, puts up very similar numbers.

One can hope. Maybe something like Andre Johnson, Matthews and Huff would be good enough. I don't know. Still no real deep threat unless Huff develops into one.
                          I think Maclin's numbers were partially a product of Kelly's system. DeSean did things that don't show up on the stat sheet. The respect the defense gave him, the way he opened things up for other players, and the comfort he gave Foles can never be the product of any system.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                            A lot of people use Cooper as an example of getting paid. The guy isn't making serious money. Coopers contract had nothing to do with the decision to pass on Jackson, Maclin and McCoy. McCoy was getting paid and he was still bitching about guaranteed money. I'm not a fan of Cooper but he is what he is. He's a cheep inexpensive WR
                            Not that cheap and he's also tying up snaps. Wouldn't you rather see them developing a player? Same thing with Barkley. There's an opportunity cost associated with dead weight.

Comment

I'm more worried by the fact that they never replaced Jackson's deep threat than I am about Maclin being gone.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                                Shady stings, but if Alonso pans out and Shady takes a nosedive in the next two years, then it stings less.
                                I suspect they could have worked a deal for Alonso that didn't require McCoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X