Eagles vs. Pats to Open the Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles vs. Pats to Open the Season?

Jimmy Kempski seems to think so and the rationale he has makes sense.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/pencil-ea...-kickoff-game/

They keep saying this, I don't see it

NFC vs AFC??? The clear cut choice are the Balt Ravens. They played NE the toughest, and they are AFC.
    Last edited by TRENT; 02-05-2015, 12:26 PM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

They don't play New England in New England this year. As the article says, except for the one year the Ravens and Orioles had a scheduling conflict, the Super Bowl champ always opens at home.

Eagles and Stillers are the only marquee matchups the Pats have at home. Eagles bring in more TV viewers than Pitt. If they decide to choose if based off of conference affiliation, it will be Pitt. If they choose based off getting bigger ratings, it will be the Eagles.
      Last edited by Sect 236; 02-05-2015, 12:30 PM.

Comment

They will choose based on who will put on a good game
        The ratings are through the roof no matter who they trot out there for the season-opener. But they can't have a stinker of a game

Who has the better defense, a Dick-less Steeler crew or the Eagles ?

Comment

It will be through the roof either way, yes, but it would be very uncharacteristic of the NFL to make a decision solely on quality of play and not having the thought of being as greedy as possible in their mind when choosing.

Personally, I hope they choose Pitt. I was planning on going to the NE game, but a Thursday nighter makes that less doable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            Personally, I hope they choose Pitt. I was planning on going to the NE game, but a Thursday nighter makes that less doable.
            You're not still up there are you? I agree about the Thursday game, but I will say that I had a hell of a time the last time the Eagles played NE in a nightcap. I think most NE fans are douchebags, but I was really well treated in the stadium other than the usual shit-talking.

Comment

Nah, I'm back home, thankfully.

Comment

that would be a nice 31-14 loss to open the season.

Comment

You think they hold Brady to 31?

I guess the fact that Belicheat likes Chip would maybe keep them from really running it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                    You think they hold Brady to 31?

I guess the fact that Belicheat likes Chip would maybe keep them from really running it up.
                    If they do what they need to do in off season and improve the defense. They will do that for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X