“These late eclipses in the sun and moon portend
    no good to us: though the wisdom of nature can
    reason it thus and thus, yet nature finds itself
    scourged by the sequent effects: love cools,
    friendship falls off, brothers divide: in
    cities, mutinies; in countries, discord; in
    palaces, treason; and the bond cracked 'twixt son
    and father."

The last time we had one of these across the US was in 1918. In 1919 we had the pandemic. Coincidence, I'm sure.
    DB

If one were to stare at the eclipse from your office and go blind, could one collect disability and/or workers comp? Asking for a friend.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Hmmm....

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      If one were to stare at the eclipse from your office and go blind, could one collect disability and/or workers comp? Asking for a friend.
      too bad I don't know any good lawyers. Maybe Johnny Cockslag would take that case.
      DB

Comment

will be tanning in the back yard with Dark Side of the Moon Cued up

I thought we had something similar in 1979, I do remember it, my father's twin Brother was a video Technician for RCA's NASA Div, and had the glasses and a good viewing platform,,,the top of his Garage.
        Last edited by TRENT; 08-21-2017, 10:29 AM.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

we've got a typical cloudless Colorado morning here

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
          I thought we had something similar in 1979, I do remember it, my father's twin Brother was a video Technician for RCA's NASA Div, and had the glasses and a good viewing platform,,,the top of his Garage.
          I think we get something like 92% totality. My daughter went up to Casper to see the totality along with her n'ere do well friends.
          DB

Comment

Im jelouse,,,here in Jersey it like 74% or something like that

its been 99 years since a S Eclipse has passed the entire continental US; Coast to Coast...Truly a once in a lifetime event..
            Last edited by TRENT; 08-21-2017, 10:37 AM.
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
              its been 99 years since a S Eclipse has passed the entire continental US; Coast to Coast...Truly a once in a lifetime event..
              How can it be a once in a lifetime event? There is another in seven years.
              YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

the whole country?
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

That was pretty cool. We maxed out at 86% or in Tidewater. Very funky lighting.

Comment

I saw totality in wiley Georgia

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                    That was pretty cool. We maxed out at 86% or in Tidewater. Very funky lighting.
                    Stunning. Breath taking. Other worldly
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Geigh

Comment

awesome,,you lucky basterd

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                        Stunning. Breath taking. Other worldly
                        I've been in a total so,,won't travel for it,,but it is a natural wonder,,I told my neighbor God was mad and we have to sacrifice some Goats!!!!
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Fuck the glasses Melania ... that's a bunch of

Paris Accord scientist bullshit.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The traffic is gay

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                            Geigh
                            30 miles in 2 hrs!
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I knew it would be completely jammed along the SC coast so the fam and I headed inland toward Florence and got on I-95 southbound and hauled ass to get into the path of totality. Didn't make it into the path of totality before 2:35 so we pulled over at a rest area and were handed a pair of eclipse sunglasses by a lady with the SC DOT. Which was huge because we'd been trying to get glasses around here for a week and everywhere was sold out. We got to see about 99.9% coverage. The most eerie thing I've ever witnessed because for a half hour ahead of time you could see the sunlight wasn't quite normal, but when we pulled over and ten minutes later, it got dark fast. At the peak of it we didn't even need the sunglasses anymore and were able to look up at it with no problem. Pictures and videos don't do it justice of course but it was an awesome sight to see needless to say. Also very lucky that the cloud cover that plagued the Myrtle area broke up once we got inland about 50 miles or so.
                              "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Working...
                              X