NCAA Dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Dirt

I sort of don't really care because I've felt this shit has been going on anyway, but it's interesting to actually see the people who were paid off. Including our very own head/shoulder case Fultz. "Villanova Coaches" are listed too as being paid for lunch, which seems minor versus all the other stuff.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/exclusi...103338484.html
    DB

There's one program I don't see in there. Just sayin'...
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I don't really care about this, and most people have known it has gone on for decades. That being said, it's great to see Duke implicated, and I hope this brings Coach K down a notch.

Comment

That's exactly how I look at it. The NCAA is dirty. Everyone knows it. But anything that can push back on the narrative that Duke and Coach K are somehow "different" is good with me.

Comment

“Yet” is what I thought.

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          There's one program I don't see in there. Just sayin'...
          Crean clean? Hmmm.
          DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
            I sort of don't really care because I've felt this shit has been going on anyway, but it's interesting to actually see the people who were paid off. Including our very own head/shoulder case Fultz. "Villanova Coaches" are listed too as being paid for lunch, which seems minor versus all the other stuff.

Let these fucking guys get endorsement deals and trade on their names.

Let's accept the argument that tuition is compensation (I don't but I will here).

Fine.

Let them get shoe deals, buffalo wild wing deals, jersey revenue, etc. It's ridiculous.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

No way

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
              Let these fucking guys get endorsement deals and trade on their names.

Let's accept the argument that tuition is compensation (I don't but I will here).

Fine.

Let them get shoe deals, buffalo wild wing deals, jersey revenue, etc. It's ridiculous.
              on the buffalo wild wing deals. Only Hooters or Jersey Mike's.
              DB

Comment

Meh

My old man played D1 hoops in the late 40s and got free suits and a job at a car dealership where he showed up once a week to sign autographs and got paid for 40 hours of work.
                It’s all bullshit.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

He may be clean. That's why he didn't have better teams! He was no Kelvin Sampson haha.

Comment

This thread made me think of a funny story. My senior year of high school, the Tufts lacrosse coach (D3) calls me up and tells me he has money for a goalie (academic money that the D3 schools all offered even though, curiously, they had no idea what my grades were) and has seen my tape, they have interest in me, etc. We talk for 15 minutes and it sounds great and then this happened:

Coach: Oh, by the way, what is your GPA?
                    Me: About a 3.5
                    Coach:........................
                    Me: Hello?
                    Coach: Son, do you think you can get that up?
                    Me: Well, I wasn't planning on it.
                    Coach: Well I enjoyed the chat. Best of luck!

Bwah!

Comment

Funny

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      This thread made me think of a funny story. My senior year of high school, the Tufts lacrosse coach (D3) calls me up and tells me he has money for a goalie (academic money that the D3 schools all offered even though, curiously, they had no idea what my grades were) and has seen my tape, they have interest in me, etc. We talk for 15 minutes and it sounds great and then this happened:

Coach: Oh, by the way, what is your GPA?
                      Me: About a 3.5
                      Coach:........................
                      Me: Hello?
                      Coach: Son, do you think you can get that up?
                      Me: Well, I wasn't planning on it.
                      Coach: Well I enjoyed the chat. Best of luck!

Bwah!
                      Years ago I had a job interview with a guy who was so totally disinterested in me that when the headhunter asked me how it went, I told her, "He interviewed me like he was double-parked."
                      DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

I could care less about anything with College Basketball. It's the worst sport on TV.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

I've had one or two of those in my life haha.

Comment

Working...
                            X