|09-07-2016, 09:19 AM||#1|
Charter Member and kickass suicide pool manager
Join Date: Aug 2002
SUICIDE POOL XI - MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN AGAIN
The Igglephans Suicide Pool is back for another year, for some reason. As always, here are the rules, largely copied/pasted from last year:
- Each week, you pick a single NFL team that you think will win its game. How hard is that?
- You can only pick each team once throughout the season.
- If your team wins, you continue on and make another pick the next week. If your team does not win, you're out of the pool and eventually living in a van down by the river. So choose your teams wisely, gang.
- Email your picks to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday night (or earlier if you pick a Saturday or Thursday game). Basically, your pick needs to be in before your team's game starts, and earlier is better.
- ALWAYS include your screen name along with your pick.
- If a pick is in late, it's entirely at my discretion whether or not to accept it. Basically, if it's in the mailbox before the game in question begins, I'll count it, but try to get them in ASAP so I have time to enter them ahead of time and so everyone else can see your stupid pick.
- Picks and results will be posted at the same URL as always: http://tinyurl.com/igglephans-sp
- If you don't see your pick posted in a timely manner, don't worry. Some days I'll get them turned around in minutes, but other times it may be hours or even days. If you send me your pick and you notice me posting other people's picks and yours still isn't up, give me a shout.
- If anyone strongly prefers using the board's email function to send in your picks rather than emailing picks to email@example.com directly, please do so by sending a board email (not "private message") to the member "Suicide Pool" (not rjohns02).
- What does the winner get for his/her hard work and dumb luck? Probably just bragging rights. Maybe the admins can put some sort of "flair" on his or her account, I don't know how this internet thing works. I do, however, reserve the right to send a super crappy prize to the winner. The 2006 and 2007 winners did not receive their crappy prizes until August 2008, and the 2008-2010 winners got nothing until August 2011, and the 2011-2013 winners still have nothing, so if by some wacky stroke of luck you should actually win, you might not want to hold your breath.
- Good luck, jagoffs.