Ferguson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    That seems a nuanced understanding of the situation, rather than the he-should've-done-what-he-was-told-and-he'd-still-be-alive approach.

I didn't say you reveled in the kid being killed. I said you should revel in your self rectitude. Nobody revels in a kid getting killed.

But don't you want to call me more names anyway? Come on, it'd be fun.
    Happy Thanksgiving (Dip Shit)

Comment

I've got a better one

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Rioters are supposed to consider tax implications but 12 year olds can't think about pulling guns on cops. Gated community life has messed you up.
      We should open the eighth investigation on Benghazi but now that the grand jury has spoken in Ferguson we should just move on.
      DB

Comment

We should open the eighth investigation on Benghazi but now that the grand jury has spoken in Ferguson we should just move on.

Who's moving on? Still to come, FULL Federal Investigation (paid for of course with those TAX DOLLARS)and it's findings, surely a massive, long lasting civil suit on wrongful death, PLUS I'm sure the AG will have some words of wisdom going forward.

I'm sure Al and Jesse will have more to say as winter is bearing down and news gets slow, and the rioting season comes to a close.
        Don't punch your ticket yet, still lots to see folks!
        Last edited by Eagle Road; 11-26-2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
          I cant blame a cop for doing what he was trained to do.
          Kill people? I don't think that's their mission.

I'll bet many law enforcement officers defuse these situations every day. Of course, that doesn't make the news.

The Ferguson cop, although legally justified, did a lousy job. I suspect the other guy could have avoided shooting a 12 year old but don't know the details
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

[QUOTE=Maniac;1786274]Kill people? I don't think that's their mission.

Unless your this guy!!!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...F5B0E045FA3C37

Comment

It's hard for me

Kill people? I don't think that's their mission.

I'll bet many law enforcement officers defuse these situations every day. Of course, that doesn't make the news.

The Ferguson cop, although legally justified, did a lousy job. I suspect the other guy could have avoided shooting a 12 year old but don't know the details
              to buy the fact that Darren Wilson was in a life or death struggle with a guy Mike Brown's size, and had nary a scratch on him after it was all said and done.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                Who's moving on? Still to come, FULL Federal Investigation (paid for of course with those TAX DOLLARS)and it's findings, surely a massive, long lasting civil suit on wrongful death, PLUS I'm sure the AG will have some words of wisdom going forward.

I'm sure Al and Jesse will have more to say as winter is bearing down and news gets slow, and the rioting season comes to a close.
                Don't punch your ticket yet, still lots to see folks!
                Fair enough, two investigations. When we get to the eighth investigation, let me know.
                DB

Comment

I completely disagree with Wilson's actions but they were legally defensible.

Seriously doubt that Brown would have made 25 whether he met Wilson or not.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Fair enough, two investigations. When we get to the eighth investigation, let me know.

Yep, same thing, one was a shooting on the local level of one person that happens in every large metro area every day of the year.

The other was an international incident that took place on sovereign ground and involved how many dead high ranking U.S. Gov. officials, and seriously damaged this countries Foreign Policy and standing in the world, both real and perceived.

I think your perception may be out of adjustment if you think these two incidents compare equally.

Comment

Maybe

I completely disagree with Wilson's actions but they were legally defensible.

Seriously doubt that Brown would have made 25 whether he met Wilson or not.
                      but we'll never know now.
                      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't know, I'd say once Brown starts grabbing for Wilson's weapon it's a life or death struggle. Then when Brown charges him, there's no reason to believe he won't try to take the weapon again.

There's no doubt that there is a disparity in how minorities are treated by police in many instances, but this is not a good test case IMHO. If you try to grab an officer's gun, you might get shot. You just can't do that.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

wait a minute

Yep, same thing, one was a shooting on the local level of one person that happens in every large metro area every day of the year.

The other was an international incident that took place on sovereign ground and involved how many dead high ranking U.S. Gov. officials, and seriously damaged this countries Foreign Policy and standing in the world, both real and perceived.

I think your perception may be out of adjustment if you think these two incidents compare equally.

My point wasn't that the two incidents are equal. (I believe the Ferguson incident is way worse internationally). But my point was that we are embarking on an eighth investigation of Benghazi, probably primarily to hold Clinton's feet to the fire as we get closer to 2016. That's fine, that's politics. But don't give me that an eighth investigation is going to unearth something that these other investigations didn't while telling me that black folks should "move on" because the grand jury has spoken. Smells like a double standard to me.

As far as equal incidents... You can look at Ferguson as one death on a local level. But you might've noticed protests in many cities last night. And you might've noticed rioting two nights ago in Ferguson. And if you don't think that stuff like this is prime fodder for propaganda against the US way worse than attacks on missions and embassies, you might want to think again. This is seriously bad stuff for our reputation overseas. For example, I've spent a lot of time in China, and this will be front page news in the China Times, the government run periodical.

As far as Benghazi, it was sadly no surprise, and no foreign powers are going to be more or less emboldened by it. Just look at this list to see how consistent Behnghazi was with the general lay of the land.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks...tic_facilities

We can disagree on this, but my take is that Ferguson is way worse for US interests abroad than another attack on an embassy/mission. Now having said that, the people in power want to use it for politics, that's fine. That's their right. But I bristle when they don't apply the same standard to something that other countries are using to put us down.
                          DB

Comment

They really need to stop with Benghazi

My point wasn't that the two incidents are equal. (I believe the Ferguson incident is way worse internationally). But my point was that we are embarking on an eighth investigation of Benghazi, probably primarily to hold Clinton's feet to the fire as we get closer to 2016. That's fine, that's politics. But don't give me that an eighth investigation is going to unearth something that these other investigations didn't while telling me that black folks should "move on" because the grand jury has spoken. Smells like a double standard to me.

As far as equal incidents... You can look at Ferguson as one death on a local level. But you might've noticed protests in many cities last night. And you might've noticed rioting two nights ago in Ferguson. And if you don't think that stuff like this is prime fodder for propaganda against the US way worse than attacks on missions and embassies, you might want to think again. This is seriously bad stuff for our reputation overseas. For example, I've spent a lot of time in China, and this will be front page news in the China Times, the government run periodical.

As far as Benghazi, it was sadly no surprise, and no foreign powers are going to be more or less emboldened by it. Just look at this list to see how consistent Behnghazi was with the general lay of the land.

We can disagree on this, but my take is that Ferguson is way worse for US interests abroad than another attack on an embassy/mission. Now having said that, the people in power want to use it for politics, that's fine. That's their right. But I bristle when they don't apply the same standard to something that other countries are using to put us down.
                            A house committee headed by Republicans found that there was no wrongdoing by the Obama administration. How much more money and time are they going to waste investigating what they just said they found no wrongdoing in ?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ecc3a...ghazi-theories
                            Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 11-26-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I don't know DB, you are losing me here, you jumped from Ferguson to taxes from taxes to raping women, from there to Bengazi.

Since you are "up" on how this country is perceived by the international community, how does over 500 blacks killing each other a year in ONE city alone look to people outside of our borders?

You can spin it any way you want Dimmy, and you can call me a racist if you wish, but the bottom line is the Black community itself has to start looking inward and fixing some of this gangster mentality if anything is ever going to change.

As long as (some) Black people look to Rev, Al to be there spokesperson instead of real Black people that have made something out of nothing with there lives, this will NEVER get any better.

JMHO

Comment

I don't disagree with you there

I don't know DB, you are losing me here, you jumped from Ferguson to taxes from taxes to raping women, from there to Bengazi.

Since you are "up" on how this country is perceived by the international community, how does over 500 blacks killing each other a year in ONE city alone look to people outside of our borders?

You can spin it any way you want Dimmy, and you can call me a racist if you wish, but the bottom line is the Black community itself has to start looking inward and fixing some of this gangster mentality if anything is ever going to change.

As long as (some) Black people look to Rev, Al to be there spokesperson instead of real Black people that have made something out of nothing with there lives, this will NEVER get any better.

JMHO
                                I fully agree that all communities need to look at themselves, white, black, purple, whatever to see what they can do better. People will point to Sharpton or Cruz, Obama or Joe the Plumber and try to say "they're all like that." Communities need to look to themselves for answers not to point out how other communities are flawed.

It's a total quality approach: Don't ask what "they" can do better, ask what "we" can do better.

Sorry about my zig zags, I can only imagine what Screaming Eagle would say about my child rearing abilities with this kind of non linear thinking. My only point is that Ferguson is different because it has caused riots and protests seen all over the world. Sadly, each one of those 500 deaths should have the same focus.

Happy Thanksgiving
                                DB

Comment

Working...
                                X