Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Brown Johnson

Circa 2015

He's ancient but hope we get Andre Johnson. Might as well go into full Golden Girls mode on offense since the OL is old, signed Gore,
    And are letting everybody under 27 leave for more $$$$.

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    Circa 2015

He's ancient but hope we get Andre Johnson. Might as well go into full Golden Girls mode on offense since the OL is old, signed Gore,
    And are letting everybody under 27 leave for more $$$$.
    You sound unhappy.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I'm pretty confused at this point. Concerned as well. I get the McCoy thing. Rb's are a dime a dozen. I don't subscribe to the "my offense will work with any personnel" argument though.

The O looks terrible as things stand now. Gotta have a playmaking WR in today's NFL. You have to. Who on this roster can separate
      From press coverage?

WR is Shaky as shit.

Losing maclin took the wind out of my sails to be frank. Big time loss.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-09-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

He's morphing into Anthony

and the wife overcooked the possum stew last night. Bad weekend for the Els.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I'm pretty confused at this point. Concerned as well. I get the McCoy thing. Rb's are a dime a dozen. I don't subscribe to the "my offense will work with any personnel" argument though.

The O looks terrible as things stand now. Gotta have a playmaking WR in today's NFL. You have to. Who on this roster can separate
          From press coverage?

WR is Shaky as shit.

Losing maclin took the wind out of my sails to be frank. Big time loss.
          plus going to a rookie qb...not sure about that. I think mariota is going to end up being pretty solid...but still doesn't change the fact that rookies...for the most part...struggle.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I hope Tampa takes him first overall. Need as many picks as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
              plus going to a rookie qb...not sure about that. I think mariota is going to end up being pretty solid...but still doesn't change the fact that rookies...for the most part...struggle.
              Yeah, the thing I don't like about that is that if they trade for Mariota they are likely to give up picks next year and those picks are likely to be higher because the team isn't going to do as well this season.

I'd prefer a Ricky Williams "trade the entire draft this year" approach but I don't believe that would get it done.
              --------

Comment

I hope Tampa takes him first overall. Need as many picks as possible.
                What happens if Mariota pulls an Elway / Manning and refuses to play for Tampa?
                --------

Comment

I wouldn't mind having him here

guy would be great in the Red zone,,,and maybe they can move Pooper..
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Cooper is untradable and cannot be cut this year thanks to Howie Roseman.

Comment

Well can we drive him into the woods

and leave him there Ala "Meg"
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        What happens if Mariota pulls an Elway / Manning and refuses to play for Tampa?

Kinda different situations in that both Manning and Rivers were in the same draft class, so it was almost as if NY and SD traded rookie draft picks.

I would think it a bit different if MM said no to Tampa, are you thinking that they work out a deal swapping Foles for MM +or- compensation?

Elway deal was different in that he basically told Baltimore that if they drafted him, he was playing Baseball, no other players involved.

If MM said no, what do you think happens?

Comment

He's the mayor of Oakey Oaks

FA starts tomorrow, no?
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I was fine with everything until they lost Maclin. Now WR is a huge problem. I would try to sign Johnson as a stop gap but they're going to need picks to reload. Position by position, I certainly wouldn't say the whole offense is crap, but they are so bad at WR that it might as well be.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Too bad Mariota isn't coming out in 2016. Kelly could just take him #1 overall next year without having to give up jack shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X