Looking at the 1990-91 playoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at the 1990-91 playoffs.

Yeah the Ginas won, WIDE RIGHT WIDE RIGHT..... Looking at the teams they played there and won against with Hostetler. There was one real good team, San Fran to get to the Superbowl. There isn't a San Fran this year. In fact I am not sure that there is a 1990 Bears here either. Maybe us?? The VaGinas had a very good D that season, and a ball control offense. They beat a good Bills team that couldn't or wouldn't adjust. The point here is that they won with Hostetler. We have more weapons, D isn't as good, but there's no teams that could be confused for 1990 San Fran or Buffalo either. I think we have a real chance to get to the big game, all bets are off after that though.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE, IMO, IS GETTING OUT OF THE NFC. WHEN IGGS PLAY IN FEB, HAVE A GOOD SHOT AT A BROAD ST STROLL.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Hostetler replacing Simms is not the same as Foles replacing Wentz. Simms wasn't a MVP-level talent. I get the backup coming in and winning part but it really isn't that similar. It's more like replacing Connor Cook with Derek Carr last year. As far as weapons, he threw to Jeffrey twice. Twice. I don't care if he's 'covered', just throw it in his direction. It's not like he's throwing to Riley Cooper.

The Rams are resting their starters this week because they know the Eagles are not the same team they saw a few weeks ago. Smart move.
      Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-27-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Not to mention, the Vagiants were a running team ... and Gomer clearly won't make the Eagles one.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

That's why I'm ok with Tudball being the backup. Maybe that will force him to run.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Not to mention, the Vagiants were a running team ... and Gomer clearly won't make the Eagles one.
            I JUST LOOKED UP NFL RUSHING TEAM STATS.

IGGS ARE SECOND IN NFL BEHIND JACKSONVILLE, FIRST IN NFC. AND 12 IN PASSING.

Comment

Carson Wentz is actually a part of that ... check their stats in the last three games.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You’re comparing an experienced playoff tested QB in Foles to a rookie which Cook was last year. I think that’s stretching it.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                  You’re comparing an experienced playoff tested QB in Foles to a rookie which Cook was last year. I think that’s stretching it.
                  although Wentz>Simms in his point as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                    The gap is the same. If you recall, Hostetler ended up beating Simms out for the job the following year. That's not going to happen here. Also, some could argue there's an advantage to not having game tape on a QB. This defense isn't good enough to carry him any farther than that. There's no Giants or Raiders in the playoffs this year. I think this team could steal one win if everything broke right but that's as far as it goes.

Comment

I'm holding on hope to the fact that in his last home playoff game, Foles played well and gave them the lead at the end.

So, yeah, he's an average qb. He has a propensity for clunkers. But he has proven he can perform in the playoffs. Is that good enough for me to think he can go the distance? No, but I think he could win one. Maybe two with the games at home. A lot will depend on the defense.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

My initial preference for this team is to play either the Seahawks (revenge game with a West Coast team), Falcons (dome team) or Saints (4-3 on the road, dome team, with slight revenge factor from previous playoff game, still a very scary team with that run game but they have to face somebody). I don't like the revenge factor for the Rams or Panthers.

I'll just wait until the opponent is set until I get into a detailed discussion on this topic.

Comment

One hopes he would realize this in the playoffs, but we have had that hope many times.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            Carson Wentz is actually a part of that ... check their stats in the last three games.
                            FROM WHAT I FOUND WENTZ HAD 299 YARDS RUSHING. RUSHING ATTEMPTS IGGS ARE 4th TIED WITH BILLS AT 455. NOT SURE HOW MANY RUSHING PLAYS WENTZ HAD, AND DO THEY COUNT SCRAMBLING A RUSH.

EITHER WAY IGGS ARE IN TOP QUARTER OF NFL FOR RUSHING WITHOUT WENTZ, 2nd WITH HIM.

1st HALF OF SEASON MORE RUNS THAN PASSING, CLOSER TO 50/50. BUT SECOND HALF OF SEASON WAY MORE PASSING THAN RUNNING.

Comment

I count the Dallas game that year in Dallas as a playoff game--it was win and in for both of them and he came through that.

Comment

Working...
                              X