Foles can be a game manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foles can be a game manager

If the Dline plays up to their expectations and collapse that pocket. FuckFace Schwartz also needs to mix in a blitz package. If The Dline makes the opposing QB uncomfortable, we will be in the SB.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

This team hasn't had more than 2 sacks since Week 11. They also have seen their share of weak offensive lines. Now here's a better example of a group 'smelling their own farts'.

Comment

Foles is a lottery ticket QB in the playoffs. He's passable in the regular season and can maybe play .500 ball with a good team. I think that's what he (and many backups) are brought in for and that's fine, IMHO.

In the playoffs, he's just a lottery ticket. Capable of playing well, but facing good teams will make it much harder. He has a pro arm, but gets happy feet a lot.

it is what it is. hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
      Last edited by JuTMSY4; 12-28-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

The one positive is that he's not very quick. So when he backpedals, he can only go so far.

Comment

Backpedaling is his problem ... he needs to get comfortable and step the fuck up in the pocket not back out ... particularly when he has no speed.

However, I'm concerned that he won't get enough reps to get comfortable in that regard and walk throughs ain't doing the trick.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Unfortunately, he's wired to backpedal. He's done this for years. He spent a season watching a QB have success moving up in the pocket and he still reverts back to this bad habit. This is why I have zero faith in him. Nothing is more frustrating than watching him throw the ball 10 yards for a 3-yard gain.

Comment

This connects with my concern about not getting reps because you can't get into a proper habit by watching someone or doing walk throughs.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                Backpedaling is his problem ... he needs to get comfortable and step the fuck up in the pocket not back out ... particularly when he has no speed.
                this was exactly my point in a previous post - agree 100%
                Last edited by Spartan92; 12-28-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I have to think DeFilippo sees the same thing we do. If he can't fix it by now, he may be a lost cause. I'm not sure. I'm just hoping they have a 'Plan B' and are waiting for the playoffs to roll it out. The only logical alternative is to get Ajayi healthy (I think something is not right with him) over the next few weeks and run him a lot more to control the clock. I also think throwing more screen passes may help turn that weakness into a strength. Who knows?

Comment

Good quarterbacks usually make you pay when you blitz. Brees would be kicking his chops. Goff I’m not as concerned with as I am Gurley.

Concerned with corners and linebackers holding up in postseason. Ellerbee is not an upgrade over Walker.

Comment

I don’t think he handled the pressure of the game that well. He wasn’t expecting to play against Seattle so when his number was called, he through pocket passes to Ags for first downs. He had a week of anxiety dealing with the thought of being the starting QB who lost home field advantage. So he played tight and scared. Hopefully BDN finds his balls and does what we know he is capable of.
                      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Brees maybe but the other NFC QBs aren’t gonna do shit. Goff looked bitch made when he had pressure in his face.

Comment

McVay reads the D for Goff

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                          Goff looked bitch made when he had pressure in his face.
                          makes him lineup early and pipes it into him through the headset. Gym Shorts just needs to do a better job hiding his blitzes.

Comment

I don't think it's a qb coaching issue ... the point I've been trying to make is that you can't fix it without playing and getting that clock in your head and instinct to move in the right place to buy time.

And he can't do enough playing at this stage of the season.

And as Dimmy was saying ... we're not seeing Gomer doing much to adjust the play calling to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              makes him lineup early and pipes it into him through the headset. Gym Shorts just needs to do a better job hiding his blitzes.
                              People have been falling over themselves to compliment Goff's progression this year and he's definitely played better, but, he's also had the #1 rusher in the NFL and a coach telling him what to see instead of actually having to see it.

McVay is a great offensive coach though.

Comment

Working...
                              X