The front office hire needs to be a Polian type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The front office hire needs to be a Polian type

Football guy / oversees entire football operations / only reports to Lurie / in charge of Howie / oversees director of player of personal or GM

If Lurie had any connection on the ground, he would know that he needs someone manage his investment better. Need a Colangelo type to come in bc Lurie has zero idea how to run a proper football organization.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

I can't believe that Lurie entrusts his investment in the Eagles to Howie.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Honestly, I don't think he does anymore. That's why he wont address the structure of the FO.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
        Honestly, I don't think he does anymore. That's why he wont address the structure of the FO.
        You may be right.

But there is one thing I am pretty sure of.

I think Lurie dislikes Kelly on a personal level and that played a big role in why Kelly got shitcanned.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

So I heard last season in Chips end of year meeting he busted out a binder with problems within the football organization with Howie being a predominant theme. While Chip might be gone and Howie still here, it doesnt mean those words didn't affect his impression of Howie.

But if he brings in strictly a personnel guy who reports to Howie, we know he is a true chump. He stepped in shit hiring Andy Reid.

Comment

That's never gonna happen as long as Roseman is in the building.

But, Joffrey had shown the capacity to let his rabbit ears perk up and make the move that calms the natives so anything is possible.

Comment

When it was said that the Eagles consulted with Bill...

Polian about their HC search, it was sort of true. It turns out that Jaws was the one that consulted Polian.

At least that was the buzz at the time.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

We can only hope

Comment

Yeah heard that too. I'm probably just stoned but I think this is possible

Comment

Having a guy who wore dress socks in gym class is bad enough.

When he doesn't even know what he doesn't know, it's disaster.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

so the jaws thing wasn't just damage control? the thing seemed really contrived to me. put a fan favorite on a local news station to reveal a binder(?!) with the "tiers" of coaches(don't know if that's tampering, but it's going waaay too public with an internal search) to make it seem like they got "their" guy.

Comment

Its clear Lurie doesnt know football. Thats why I suggest he bring in a president to run the team. Someone who can resolve differences within the organization and lead the football side of things.

Comment

Football guy / oversees entire football operations / only reports to Lurie / in charge of Howie / oversees director of player of personal or GM

If Lurie had any connection on the ground, he would know that he needs someone manage his investment better. Need a Colangelo type to come in bc Lurie has zero idea how to run a proper football organization.
                          100% Correct! Polian, Parcells.... Parcells is done, but would Polian take a job? He's in the HOF now right? Would that preclude him from taking a football job?
                          Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Right ... but the problem may be that he doesn't know it.
                            Last edited by slag; 01-24-2016, 11:12 AM.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Lurie blows. He hired a HC

Before he hired a GM.

There goes that notion.

Comment

Working...
                              X