No announcement yet.

despite the Fat Fucks major flaws, looks like we underestimated his ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. Reid was a nice guy, and a consummate, creative planner. That translated to a player friendly, big-picture vision that everyone could get behind. But like you say, he was unable to deviate from his plan when things didn't work out. And yep...I'm hoping that only the good attributes rubbed off on Dougie.

Comment

Pretty much agree with everything everybody says in this thread. I do think Reid (FF) would have won it all in the 2004-2005 season if TO had not gotten injured.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I've said this years ago, the team needed to replace McNabb and Jim Johnson. They still haven't done it. It's really as simple as that. There is no chance this organization can identify quality replacements. They need the QB to fall in their lap. The only way that will happen is a tank and luck. I really doubt they get the right QB at 13. They need to tank and hope for the best next year. As far as replacing Johnson, it's easier said than done. Schwartz gets two years and then its time to move on if he stinks.

Comment

nooo, this team needs to replace its best QB ever? that's crazy talk. and it's not like rodgers, brady, manning, and cam didn't fall into their teams laps. i'm sure the first round picks on that list weren't consensus first round picks for other teams, and that the pats really identified brady as bledsoe's replacement when they took him in the 6th round.

as far as replacing one of the greatest DCs ever being easier said than done...maybe you're just not the dolt that we all thought you were.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 02-04-2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Joe Banner single handedly cost the team a Super Bowl win.

His handling of the TO situation poisoned what, in Andy Reid's words, would have been the best QB/WR combination he had ever seen. And that says a lot considering who he worked with in GB. I think we would have had a much different opinion on Andy had he actually won a Lombardi. Hell, he might even still be coaching here.

As for Lurie and his henchmen, three head coaching hires before Pederson: Rhodes, Andy and Chip. Two out of those three were abysmal failures and the one that DID have success was flawed to the point of not fixing what should have been easily fixable problems. Andy Reid, as has been pointed out, was and still is a good head coach. He's just not on the level of one that can win the Lombardi without having the best talent on the field, like Barry Switzer.

Jeffrey stepped in it when he hired Andy. Just like Leonard Tose stepped in it when he hired Vermeil. Eagle ownership for the last half century has been just utterly embarrassing.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I don't think editing that made it any less coherent. I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying they can't find another McNabb or Johnson because they're the best ever? I've read your reply several times and I still don't understand your point. I think you may have even called me a name. I'm just not sure.

Comment

Agree completely, but more so

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                I've said this years ago, the team needed to replace McNabb and Jim Johnson. They still haven't done it. It's really as simple as that. There is no chance this organization can identify quality replacements. They need the QB to fall in their lap. The only way that will happen is a tank and luck. I really doubt they get the right QB at 13. They need to tank and hope for the best next year. As far as replacing Johnson, it's easier said than done. Schwartz gets two years and then its time to move on if he stinks.
                with the QB position. Without a good QB, the rest really doesn't matter. Sure a good defense can get you to the post season winning a Superbowl? Doesn't happen often. Without McNabb, as much as a lot don't like the guy, Reid is just another Ray Rhodes in Philly.
                You think its a joke!?!

Comment

So they just need a franchise QB and a top 5 defense? Excellent diagnosis I can't believe they haven't listened to you all these years.

Comment

I can't even remember the last time we choked the chicken

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                      I can't even remember the last time we choked the chicken
                      It had to be the 2 losses in consecutive weeks to the Cowboys with McChoke and his Air Guitar routine

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                        So they just need a franchise QB and a top 5 defense? Excellent diagnosis I can't believe they haven't listened to you all these years.
                        Kolb, Barkley, Foles, MoJuan, Davis....
                        It sure looks like they're listening. I'll give you credit, at least I understood your reply.

Comment

You're not wrong. The way the NFL is I'm surprised teams don't use 3 draft picks annually on a qb. All it takes is hitting on 1 and a team can be competitive for 15 years.
                          Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                            I think we had JJ's replacement and with our luck it turned out to be the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am at least optimistic about Schwartz. We'll see.

Comment

meh. Best of a bad lot.

Eagle head coaches are a who's who of coaching B, C and Js.

The only one of the lot of them that did shit as a head coach after he left the Eagles is Vermeil.
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Schwartz is definitely worth a look.

I may not be giving Dopie much credit but Kuechly, Norman, Davis, and Short can make a defensive coordinator look real good. It a shame the Eagles didn't wait a year to throw money at a corner. This team needs a guy like Norman (I miss Asante Samuel).

Comment

Working...
                                X