Big night for Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bwah!! Perfect.

Question: how do you imbed a link on here? Never works for me and I have to paste the YouTube link instead. Try the envelope and globe looking thing to the left of it. Is it a iPhone problem or am I just Grandpa Simpson?

Comment

Comment

Love the stuff Bernie is talking about, but I don't think he even wants to be President. Hillary is still going to win the nomination. Hopefully there will be a reasonable Republican alternative.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          Love the stuff Bernie is talking about, but I don't think he even wants to be President. Hillary is still going to win the nomination. Hopefully there will be a reasonable Republican alternative.
          I disagree with him fiscally (free college and healthcare for all is about as realistic as Trump's wall) but I do find him very endearing. Hillary will probably win, but she's had a pretty bad campaign.

That's enough politics for me. Back to throwing people from the board out of the country!

Comment

He loses me with free college. Not just the economics of it, but I think it's the wrong direction. I think too many people go to college because they feel like that's what they "have to" do. It creates artificial demand and that is why tuition costs are so high. The last thing we need to do is incentivize more people to go to college "just because." I would rather place the emphasis on trade and vocational schools for those people who are better suited for that (they will be happier and probably make as much money with less debt).
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The price spiral of tuition is very similar to that of health care. The more some force (be it government backed loans or group insurance) supports an artificial price structure, the bigger it's going to get.

And I agree with you about "just because." At this point, the basic college degree is fairly worthless. So many degrees to nothing to prepare kids for actual careers that contribute to society.

Comment

agreed. i think the simplification of "college is free all over europe" is really misleading. that system really isn't working out. unemployment under age 25 for countries like spain and italy is like 50%. the people who do find jobs make no money(possibly 600/month doing "internships"). sending everyone to college "just because" leads to an oversupply of specialized labor for which there is no demand. i also think policies like "free healthcare for all" is why an average 20-something can't even find a job waiting tables in many european countries. his idea for two weeks paid vacation for anyone who works 25 hours a week is also ludicrous and would only hurt employment.

but i do think he wants to be president. trump on the other hand i think has no interest. i'll be shocked if it's anything but hillary vs. cruz. anyway, guess we should stop before this gets sent to lyme disease.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  He loses me with free college. Not just the economics of it, but I think it's the wrong direction. I think too many people go to college because they feel like that's what they "have to" do. It creates artificial demand and that is why tuition costs are so high. The last thing we need to do is incentivize more people to go to college "just because." I would rather place the emphasis on trade and vocational schools for those people who are better suited for that (they will be happier and probably make as much money with less debt).

Couldn't agree more, If I had to guess without counting probably out of the last 30 resume's I have looked at for a truck driving job, about 20 were college graduates, and most of the others have had some college? Seems like a pretty big waste of time and money for a lot of people.
                  Last edited by Eagle Road; 02-10-2016, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    Bwah!! Perfect.

Question: how do you imbed a link on here? Never works for me and I have to paste the YouTube link instead. Try the envelope and globe looking thing to the left of it. Is it a iPhone problem or am I just Grandpa Simpson?
                    Paste a picture and replace the "IMG" with "youtube" such that:

[IMG]LINK[/IMG] = [youtube] LINK [/youtube*]

*added so you can see the writing

When you copy the youtube link you get this:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlcngdW2Ju4

Copy this section: FlcngdW2Ju4

Paste in into the space between the youtube and /youtube and you get:

Comment

Mr. Trump bump
                      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Bump for Trump!
                        I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Working...
                        X